Bruno Amoroso (December 11, 1936 – January 20, 2017) was a Danish/Italian economist, author, and Emeritus Professor of Economics at the Department of Society and Globalization of the Roskilde University. He was internationally best known for his work on globalisation.
After graduation Amoroso started his academic career in 1970 as researcher and lecturer at the University of Copenhagen. In 1972 he moved to the University of Roskilde, where he eventually was appointed the Jean Monnet Chair at Roskilde University. Since 2007 he is Docent Emeritus at the University of Roskilde, Jean Monnet Chair. At the Roskilde University he has been President of the Federico Caffè Study Centre.
Amoroso was a professor at the International University Bac Ha of Hanoi, Vietnam; guest professor at the University of Calabria (Italy), La Sapienza, Rome; Atalim (Ankara), Bari, and other universities.
Amoroso died on January 20, 2017 at the age of 80.
- Amoroso, Bruno. On globalization: Capitalism in the 21st century. Macmillan, 1998.
- Amoroso, Bruno, Jespersen and Greve (eds). Globalisation and Welfare: A Festschrift for Bruno Amoroso, Roskilde University. Roskilde University, 2003.
Articles, a selection:
- Amoroso, Bruno. "Development and crisis of the Scandinavian model of labour relations in Denmark." European Industrial Relations (1990): 71-96.
- Milward, Bob. Globalisation?: internationalisation and monopoly capitalism: historical processes and capitalist dynamism. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2003.
- Berberoglu, Berch, ed. Globalization and change: The transformation of global capitalism. Lexington Books, 2005.
- Addio all'economista Amoroso, radici abruzzesi allievo e collaboratore di caffe', era in Danimarca (Italian)