||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
21 December 1952 |
|Years of service||1972-2012|
|Commands held||2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment
6th Light Armoured Brigade
Bruno Dary (born 21 December 1952 in Barcelonnette, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) is a French general. He was the commander of the 2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment from 1994 to 1996 during which time he commanded the regiment in Operation Salamander in Bosnia and Operation Epervier in Chad. From 2004 to 2006 as a Brigade General (Général de brigade), he was commander of the French Foreign Legion. He appointed as the military governor of Paris on 1 August 2007, with the rank of Général de corps d'armée. Receiving his final promotion to Général d'armée on 1 June 2012, Dary retired 31 July 2012.
- Officer of the Légion d'honneur
- Grand officier de l'ordre national du Mérite
- Croix de la Valeur Militaire with 3 mentions in dispaches.
- Croix de la bravoure militaire with Bronze Palm (1978, Zaire)
- Commanders of the 2ème Règiment Ètranger de Parachutistes
- "Décret du 4 juin 2012 portant élévation aux rang et appellation de général d'armée, promotion et nominations dans la 1re section et affectations d'officiers généraux". http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr (in French). Legifrance. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
Xavier de Zuchowicz
|Military governor of Paris