|Full name||Bruno Miguel Silva do Nascimento|
|Date of birth||12 May 1976|
|Place of birth||Setúbal, Portugal|
|Playing position||Right winger|
|1997–1999||Vitória Setúbal (youth)|
|2000–2001||GDR 1.º Maio (youth)|
|2001–2002||Comércio e Indústria|
|2002–2004||Estrela Vendas Novas (assistant)|
|2012–2014||Shabab Al-Ahli (U19 and B team)|
|2015–2017||Sheffield Wednesday (assistant)|
|2017–2018||Swansea City (assistant)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Bruno Miguel Silva do Nascimento (born 12 May 1976), known as Bruno Lage[n 1] (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈbɾunu ˈlaʒɨ]), is a Portuguese football manager currently in charge of Primeira Liga club Benfica.
After having coached every youth team of Benfica from 2004 to 2012 and more recently having been an assistant coach to Carlos Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea City, Lage returned to Benfica as manager of their reserve team in July 2018 to replace Hélder Cristóvão. During Benfica's 2018–19 season, Lage took charge of the club's first-team as caretaker manager, replacing Rui Vitória on 3 January 2019.
Lage managed his first Primeira Liga game in a 4–2 home win over Rio Ave on 6 January and was appointed permanent head coach eight days later. On 10 February, after winning two consecutive Lisbon derbies – including a 4–2 away win in the league  – he led Benfica to the biggest Primeira Liga margin of victory since 1964 and to the league's highest scoring win since 1965, a 10–0 thrashing of Nacional, setting the record for the biggest win at the new Estádio da Luz. In his UEFA Europa League debut, Benfica won in Turkey for the first time in their history, beating Galatasaray 2–1 in the first leg of the round of 32.
As Benfica won 2–1 away in The Classic on 2 March 2019, Lage equalled Rui Vitória's 3 wins out of 16 matches against rivals Sporting and Porto. From matchday 16 to 34, Lage went on winning 18 league matches and drawing 1 to conquer his first major trophy, Benfica's 37th league title. With a 94% winning percentage, he surpassed Jimmy Hagan's record at Benfica and achieved Primeira Liga's all-time best second round: 49 points. In addition, he equalled Sven-Göran Eriksson's 1990–91 feat of beating Porto, Sporting, and Braga away in the same season. Lage also equalled Benfica's league scoring record of 103 goals in 1963–64.
Lage then started a second season at Benfica with a 5–0 thrashing of Sporting CP in the Super Cup. On 17 September, he made his UEFA Champions League debut in a 2–1 home defeat to German side RB Leipzig, increasing Benfica's losses in the competition to 11 in the latest 14 matches.
|Benfica B||1 July 2018||3 January 2019||15||8||3||4||15||11||+4||53.33|
|Benfica||3 January 2019||Present||59||45||6||8||154||50||+104||76.27|
- Primeira Liga's Best Coach: 2018–19
- Portuguese Football Federation men's coach of the year: 2019
- Melo, Rui Miguel (16 February 2019). "A história de Bruno Nascimento, o Lage que revolucionou o Benfica" [The story of Bruno Nascimento, the Lage who has revolutionised Benfica]. A Bola (in Portuguese). pp. 5–9.
- "Saiba quem é Bruno Lage, o sucessor de Rui Vitória" [Know who is Bruno Lage, the successor of Rui Vitória]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 3 January 2019. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Aleixo, Mário (4 January 2019). "Bruno Lage preparado para dar a tática frente ao Rio Ave" [Bruno Lage ready to lay down the tactics against Rio Ave]. RTP (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Benfica confirma Bruno Lage como treinador interino" [Benfica confirm Bruno Lage as interim coach]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 3 January 2019. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Homewood, Brian; Radnedge, Christian (14 January 2019). "Benfica name Bruno Lage as coach on full-time basis". Reuters. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Carlos, Nogueira (4 January 2019). "Sai Vitória, assume Bruno Lage (para já). Perito na formação, já escreveu dois livros" [Vitória leaves, Bruno Lage takes charge (for now). A development expert, he has written two books]. Diário de Notícias (in Portuguese). Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Princípio de acordo com Rui Vitória" [Agreement in principle with Rui Vitória]. S.L. Benfica (in Portuguese). 3 January 2019. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Última reviravolta em desvantagem por dois golos na Luz tinha sido em 2002" [The last comeback from a two-goal disadvantage at Estádio da Luz had been in 2002]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 6 January 2019. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Comunicado" [Announcement] (PDF). CMVM (in Portuguese). S.L. Benfica. 14 January 2019.
- "Bruno Lage iguala registo de mais três" [Bruno Lage equals record of three other]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 7 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Bruno Lage iguala registo de Herzaka, Riera e Souness nos dérbis" [Bruno Lage equals record of Herzaka, Riera, and Souness in the derbies]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 7 February 2019. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Stephen, Creek (10 February 2019). "Benfica demolish Nacional 10–0 in biggest Primeira Liga win for 55 years". Goal. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Benfica score 10 in league win over Nacional". BBC Sport. 10 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Benfica 10–0 Nacional: Chuva de golos deixa 'águias' a um ponto da liderança" [Benfica 10–0 Nacional: goal rain moves "eagles" within one point of the lead]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 10 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Maior goleada da nova Luz começou com o golo mais rápido" [Biggest thrashing at the new Estádio da Luz started with the fastest goal]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 10 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Bruno Lage faz história na estreia em jogos europeus" [Brune Lage makes history in his European competition debut]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 14 February 2019. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Leitão, Cátia (14 February 2019). "Liga Europa: Benfica carimba primeira vitória de sempre na Turquia e está mais perto dos oitavos" [Europa League: Benfica seal their first ever win in Turkey and are closer to the round of 16]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Bruno Lage iguala registo de Rui Vitória em jogos grandes" [Bruno Lage equals Rui Vitória's big matches record]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 4 March 2019. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- "Os números e os recordes de Bruno Lage" [Bruno Lage's numbers and records]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 19 May 2019. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "Benfica rout Sporting in Portuguese Super Cup". Free Malaysia Today. Agence France-Presse. 5 August 2019. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "Werner ilumina Da Luz y el Benfica amplía su mala racha en la Champions" [Werner illuminates Da Luz and Benfica increase their losing streak in the Champions League]. Marca (in Spanish). 17 September 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Bruno Lage". zerozero. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Bruno Lage". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Bruno Lage is the new coach of Benfica B". S.L. Benfica. 2 July 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Segredos do campeão revelados pelo pai de Bruno Lage" [The champion's secrets revealed by Bruno Lage's father]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 26 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Bruno Lage coach profile at Soccerway. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Bruno Lage eleito Melhor Treinador da Liga 2018/2019" [Bruno Lage elected Best Coach of 2018–19 Primeira Liga]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 5 July 2019. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Bruno Lage eleito treinador do ano: "Para ganhar um dia temos de perder muito"" [Bruno Lage awarded coach of the year]. SAPO Desporto (in Portuguese). 2 September 2019. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- Bruno Lage at ForaDeJogo