Bruno Moretti (born 1957) is an Italian composer, pianist, and conductor. He has composed ballet music (as well as theatre, cinema and television music) working in collaboration with the choreographer Mauro Bigonzetti. He is also an accompanist of singers.
Moretti was born in Rome, and studied initially with Armando Renzi. Then he became Nino Rota’s assistant for the creation of the opera Napoli Milionaria at Spoleto festival in 1977. Later he studied conducting at Siena's Accademia Musicale Chigiana. He made his conducting debut in 1979 at the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma with Madama Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini. He has conducted throughout Italy and in England, Israel, the Far East and North America.
- Lady E (1999), opera in two acts to a libretto by Pasquale Plastino and Silvia Ranfagni
- Caravaggio (2008), a two-act ballet by Mauro Bigonzetti. Moretti wrote the score based on several works by Claudio Monteverdi. Moretti's interpretation was reviewed as "light ... then darker and always varied in texture ... romanticized Monteverdi, but it fits the stage action perfectly."
- Don Giovanni, emozioni di un mito (1996), for Il Balletto di Toscana
- Comoedia (1998), for Aterballetto
- Vespro (2002), for New York City Ballet
- In Vento (2006)
- Oltremare (2008)
- Prometeo per orchestra, symphonic poem
- Vespro, New York Times, Anna Kisselgoff, May 10, 2002
- Vespro, Village Voice, Deborah Jowitt, May 14, 2002
- In Vento, New York Times, John Rockwell, May 6, 2006
- In Vento, Village Voice, Deborah Jowitt, May 9, 2006
- In Vento, New York Observer, Robert Gottlieb, June 4, 2006
- In Vento, New York Sun, Joel Lobenthal, May 8, 2006
- Oltremare, New York Times, Alastair Macaulay, January 25, 2008
- Oltremare, New York Post, Clive Barnes, January 25, 2008
- Oltremare, New York Sun, Joel Lobenthal, January 25, 2008
- "Bruno Moretti" (bio). Orchestra della Toscana. Fondazione Regionale Orchestra Toscana. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "Home > The Company > Repertory Index – Vespro"[permanent dead link]. New York City Ballet. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "Moretti: Caravaggio / Staatsballett Berlin (blu-ray), Arthaus Musik #101464, 2008". Arkiv Music. Retrieved 2012-11-14.