Bruno Ritter von Hauenschild
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Bruno Ritter von Hauenschild|
|Born||9 June 1896|
|Died||10 March 1953(aged 56)|
|Allegiance|| German Empire
|Commands held||24th Panzer Division|
|Battles/wars||World War I
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hauenschild served in World War I; at the beginning of World War II, he rejoined the army as an officer. From 15 April to 12 September 1942, Hauenschild commanded the 24th Panzer Division. On 26 January Hauenschild was given command of the III Military District headquartered in Berlin. Hauenschild commanded the III Military District until 15 March. As the Red Army approached Berlin, Hauenschild was also given command of the Berlin Defense Area. He was given this command in mid-April, prior to the actual start of the Battle for Berlin. He was relieved of command of the Berlin Defense Area on 6 March. He was replaced by Lieutenant-General (Generalleutnant) Helmuth Reymann.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (21 May 1915) & 1st Class (6 December 1917)
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Knight's Cross of the Military Order of Max Joseph (2 September 1918)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (24 September 1939) & 1st Class (19 October 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 253.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 179.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 55.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
General der Kavallerie Kurt Feldt
|Commander of 24. Panzer-Division
15 April 1942 – 12 September 1942
Generalleutnant Arno von Lenski
|Commanders of the Berlin Defense Area
Early 1945 to 6 March
Generalleutnant Helmuth Reymann