|Full name||Bruno Uvini Bortolança|
|Date of birth||3 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Capivari, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2012||→ Tottenham Hotspur (loan)||0||(0)|
|2013||→ Siena (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014||→ Santos (loan)||11||(2)|
|2015–2016||→ FC Twente (loan)||33||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 September 2013
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Career statistics
- 5 Honours
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Uvini was born in Capivari, Brazil. He played in the Pinta de Craque football academy owned by his father, Bruno Uvini, known by Tuca, a former central defender at Ponte Preta, before moving to PAEC's youth system.
Uvini joined São Paulo FC's youth academy in 2007, aged 16. He was promoted to the club's senior side in 2010, and made his professional debut on 29 September 2010, coming on as a late substitute in a 2–4 loss at Grêmio, and also appeared in one further more game (again from the bench) in the season.
In 2011 Uvini appeared in six matches with Tricolor, being handed his first start on 26 June, in a 0–5 loss at Corinthians.
On 14 February 2012, Tottenham Hotspur agreed to sign signed Bruno Uvini on loan until the end of 2011–12 season, with an option to make the move permanent for €3.7 million. Uvini failed to live up to expectations at Tottenham and the club opted not to sign him on a permanent basis. He left without making a first-team appearance for the London-based club.
On 29 August 2012, it was reported that Uvini was having a medical with Serie A club Napoli, signing a five-year deal a day later. On 6 December he made his debut for the club, starting in a 1–3 home loss against PSV Eindhoven, for the season's UEFA Europa League.
On 30 March 2014 Uvini returned to Brazil, joining Santos on loan until the end of the year. He made his debut on 9 May, starting and playing 76 minutes in a 2–1 Copa do Brasil win at Princesa do Solimões.
FC Twente (loan)
Uvini captained the Brazil U20 team in the 2011 South American Youth Championships. On 6 February 2011, Uvini suffered a fractured fibula in a match against Argentina which required surgery and kept him out of action for more than a month. Later in 2011, he captained the Brazilian side that won the U20 World Cup. In May 2012 he was called for main squad to friendly matches, and in July 2012 Uvini was called to play 2012 Olympic Games.
Bruno Uvini is a practising Roman Catholic.
- As of 3 September 2018
- As of 9 June 2012.
- São Paulo
- South American Youth Championship: 2011
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2011
- 2012 Summer Olympics: Men's football Silver medal
- "Tottenham agree loan deal for São Paulo's Bruno Uvini". Sambafoot. 14 February 2012.
- "São Paulo acerta transferência de jovem zagueiro ao Tottenham" [São Paulo agrees transfer of young stopper to Tottenham] (in Portuguese). Terra. 14 February 2012. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Spurs snap up Brazilian talent". Sky Sports. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Uvini Joins Up". Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "São Paulo FC concretiza venda de Bruno Uvini" [São Paulo FC completes sale of Bruno Uvini] (in Portuguese). São Paulo FC. 30 August 2012.
- "Ufficialle: Napoli, arriva Uvini dal San Paolo" [Official: Napoli, arrives Uvini from São Paulo] (in Italian). Tutto Mercato Web. 30 August 2012.
- "Matavž hat-trick propels PSV to Napoli success". UEFA.com. 6 December 2012.
- "Napoli 2–1 Catania". FootballItalia. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Napoli, Bruno Uvini in prestito al Siena" [Napoli, Bruno Uvini on loan to Siena] (in Italian). Calciatori. 31 January 2013.
- "Uvini al Santos" [Uvini to Santos] (in Italian). S.S.C. Napoli. 30 March 2014.
- "Santos FC acerta com zagueiro Bruno Uvini" [Santos signs stopper Bruno Uvini] (in Portuguese). Santos FC. 1 April 2014.
- "Santos FC vence o Princesa do Solimões (AM) na Copa do Brasil" [Santos FC defeats Princesa do Solimões (AM) in Copa do Brasil] (in Portuguese). Santos' official website. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Santos bate inofensivo Palmeiras na estreia de Gareca e encosta no G-4" [Santos defeats inoffensive Palmeiras in Gareca's debut and gets near to G-4] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Uvini at Twente" (in Dutch). Twente' official website. 13 July 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Mano Menezes divulga convocação para Olimpíadas (Mano reveals call-up to Olympic Games); Tribuna do Norte, 5 July 2012 (in Portuguese)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bruno Uvini at Soccerway. Retrieved 22 November 2016.