April 9, 1951 |
Vigonovo, Veneto, Italy
Bruno Zanin (born 9 April 1951 in Vigonovo, Northern Italy) is an Italian film, theatre and TV actor and writer.
Life and career
Child of farmers and the sixth of seven brothers, Zanin studied at a school run by priests up to the age of fourteen when an event occurred that made him leave (detailed in his novel, Nobody must know). After a life on the road including time in jail, he became an actor by accident when Federico Fellini chose him among thousands of lads for the role of Titta in the film Amarcord. He went on to appear in numerous films, theatre plays and television series with Italian and foreign filmmakers such as Giuseppe Ferrara, Marco Tullio Giordana, Giuliano Montaldo, Franco Brusati, Luigi Faccini, Lucian Pintilie and Lina Wertmüller. In the theatre, he has worked with Giorgio Strehler, Luca Ronconi, Marco Sciaccaluga, Gianfranco De Bosio, Sandro Sequi, and Alfredo Arias, appearing chiefly in Venetian language plays by Goldoni but also in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.
In 2007 he published his first novel, an autobiographical work titled Nobody must know. The book obtained special mention at the Città di Latisana per il Nord Est, an Italian literary awards event. The novel was published in Spanish by Trotta editorial (Madrid) as Que no se entere nadie.
Zanin has two sons, Francesco and Fiorenzo. He lives in a log cabin in the woods at Vanzone con San Carlo, a mountain village below Monte Rosa, Piemont.
- 1973: Amarcord by Federico Fellini.
- 1974: Un uomo, una città by Romolo Guerrieri
- 1974: La prova d'amore by Tiziano Longo.
- 1975: La prima volta sull'erba - Danza d'amore sotto gli olmi by Gianluigi Calderone.
- 1975: La polizia ha le mani legate by Luciano Ercoli.
- 1976: L'Agnese va a morire by Giuliano Montaldo
- 1976: La padrona è servita by Mario Lanfranchi
- 1978: Mille e una vita
- 1982: Marco Polo by Giuliano Montaldo
- 1983: Il buon soldato by Franco Brusati
- 1984: Notti e nebbie by Marco Tullio Giordana
- 1984: Occhei, occhei by Claudia Fiorio
- 1985: Inganni by Luigi Faccini
- 1985: Il caso Moro by Giuseppe Ferrara
- 1987: L'isola del tesoro by Antonio Margheriti
- 2000: Francesca e Annunziata
- 2009: Reame del Nulla
- 1979: The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare, dir. Gianfranco De Bosio with Sergio Fantoni, Andrea Giordana, Massimo Dapporto, Pino Ferrara, Lina Sastri, Bruno Zanin, Vittorio Stagni, Ilaria Occhini, Massimo Foschi, Gianrico Tedeschi, Antonio Garrani, Loris Loddi, (aired on March 24, 1979).
- 1974: Goldoni - La putta onorata and la buona moglie
- 1975: Goldoni - Il Campiello
- 1979: Shakespeare - Il Mercante di Venezia
- 1982: Goldoni - I pettegolezzi delle donne
- 1989: Goldoni - Il Ventaglio
- 2006: Nobody must know (ed. Tullio Pironti)
- An open letter (in Italian) to Bruno about the revelations about pedophile priests in his book
- Interview (in Italian) to Stefano Lorenzetto in the Il Giornale newspaper, where he talks about his book
- On his action as a volunteer in Bosnia[permanent dead link]
- Bruno Zanin at the Internet Movie Database
- Literature site in Spanish language
- Bruno Zanin testimonial on the pedophile priest Don Gelmini (in Italian) - part 1
- Bruno Zanin testimonial on the pedophile priest Don Gelmini (in Italian) - part 2
- Picture from the film Amarcord
- Review of his book (in Italian)