within Brunswick Township, Kanabec County
|Elevation||961 ft (293 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||640556|
Brunswick is an unincorporated community in Brunswick Township, Kanabec County, Minnesota, United States. The community is located between Mora and Rock Creek at the junction of State Highway 65 (MN 65) and State Highway 70 (MN 70).
ZIP codes 55051 (Mora) and 55006 (Braham) meet near Brunswick.
Brunswick, platted in 1856, is located within Brunswick Township. The community is located in Section 1 of the township, but its history begins with the Hersey, Staples and Bean Lumber Company who had their logging headquarters in Section 12 of the township. George and Isaac Staples platted the community's site, naming it after Brunswick, Maine. With stores, post office and mills located in Brunswick, it became the county seat for Kanabec County on March 13, 1859. It remained as the county seat until the seat was transferred to Mora in 1883.
A post office was established at Brunswick in 1860, and remained in operation until 1934.
- "Brunswick, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Upham, Warren. Minnesota Place Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance
- "Kanabec County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Rand McNally Road Atlas – 2007 edition – Minnesota entry
- Official State of Minnesota Highway Map – 2013/2014 edition
|This article about a location in Kanabec County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|