Brunswick Pro Bowling
|Brunswick Pro Bowling|
|Developer(s)||Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable
Point of View, Inc.
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360,
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U
Alliance Digital Media
(Europe & Australia)
Alliance Digital Media
(PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U)
|Release||Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, iOS
Brunswick Pro Bowling is a video game developed by Point of View, Inc. and published by Crave Entertainment. The game features many Brunswick labeled products such as Brunswick bowling balls. The game was released for the Wii, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable on August 28, 2007. A version for iOS was released in October 2009 but was later removed. It was replaced by the FarSight Studios version in February 2015, also being released on Android as well. FarSight Studios developed versions of the game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which support the PlayStation Move and Kinect respectively. An updated version developed and published by Alliance Digital Media for the PlayStation 4, and Xbox One was released on November 23, 2015. The Wii U version was released on January 21, 2016.
The game has a free play mode, in which up to four players can play against each other in a match. In the career mode players work their way up from an amateur to professional bowler and a multiplayer mode lets up to four players compete against each other. The PSP version includes wireless multiplayer and additional character customization. The Wii version uses the Wii's tilt sensor to simulate a real swing.
Reception of Brunswick Pro Bowling has been mixed. Most critics praised the realistic physics of the game. However, others were annoyed by the fact that the Wii version has flaws with its controls. Players have complained that the on-screen bowler moves slowly and does not go with their own movements, therefore making the release confusing and shots hard. Reviewers did however, note there was some considerable depth if the player was to play longer. The Xbox 360 and PS3 version have also been poorly received due to flaws with the motion control.
- "Pro Bowling on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- "PlayStation Move Developer Diary: Brunswick Pro Bowling". PlayStation.Blog. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "‘Brunswick Pro Bowling’ Getting Natal Support". Multiplayerblog.mtv.com. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Dan Massi (March 9, 2010). "Some titles for Playstation Move". PlayStation.com. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- McFerran, Damien. "Brunswick Pro Bowling Is Aiming For A Strike On Wii U". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- Seedhouse, Alex. "Nintendo eShop Update 21st January 2016 North America". Nintendo Insider. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Jones, Scott, Sports Illustrated For Kids review[permanent dead link]
- Watters, Chris. "Brunswick Pro Bowling Review". GameSpot. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Birnbaum, Mark. "Brunswick Pro Bowling Review". IGN. Retrieved January 20, 2012.