Brunton Memorial Ground
|County club||Middlesex County Cricket Club|
|Operator||Radlett Cricket Club|
Salter's Field End
|As of 22 May 2018|
Brunton Memorial Ground is a cricket ground at Radlett in Hertfordshire. The ground is the home of Radlett Cricket Club and, since 2013, has been used as an outground by Middlesex County Cricket Club. It was used occasionally by Hertfordshire County Cricket Club between 1975 and 2008 for Minor Counties Championship matches.
The ground is located 0.7 miles (1.1 km) south of Radlett to the east of the A5183 road, Watling Street. The Midland Main Line railway which links London St Pancras and Sheffield, runs along the ground's eastern edge.
Radlett Cricket Club was established in 1884 and played first on a ground in the village called Newberries and then at Porters Park, now the Shenley Park Cricket Centre, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north-east of the current ground. This site became part of the grounds of Shenley Hospital and by 1937 was required by the hospital, forcing the club to move. The current ground was bought by Miles Brunton, after whom it is named, and leased to the club for 99 years.
As well as being used by Radlett, from 1975 to 2013 the ground was used by Hertfordshire as the venue for six Minor Counties Championship matches and two MCCA Knockout Trophy matches. Hertfordshire also played two List A cricket matches at the ground in the 1999 NatWest Trophy. It has been used since 2007 by Middlesex for Second XI matches as well as by MCC Young Cricketers for matches against county Second XIs and, as of September 2018, has been the venue for six Middlesex List A matches in the Yorkshire Bank 40 and Royal London One Day Cup since 2013.
The touring Australians played a one day match, the first of their tour, against an England Amateur XI on the ground in 1993 and it was the venue for a match between the England Academy Women and Australia Women during the Australian's 2013 tour of England.
Records on the ground
As of September 2018, a total of eight List A cricket matches have been held on the ground, two with Hertfordshire as the home team and six with Middlesex as the hosts.
- Highest total: 381/3 by Lancashire against Hertfordshire, 1999 (50 over match)
- Lowest total: 173 by Kent, 2015 (50 over match)
- Highest partnership: 146, 4th wicket by Kafeel Jahangir and AD Griffin, for Hertfordshire against Leicestershire Cricket Board, 1999
- Highest individual score: 134 T Westley, for Essex against Middlesex, 2018
- Best bowling: 4/39, CA Ingram for Glamorgan against Middlesex, 2017 and ST Finn for Middlesex against Glamorgan, 2017
- Explorer Map 173 – London North (The City, West End, Enfield, Ealing, Harrow & Watford), Ordnance Survey, 2015-09-16.
- Royal London One Day Cup: Sun 20 May @ Radlett Cricket Club; Middlesex v Kent, Middlesex County Cricket Club, 2018.
- History, Radlett Cricket Club. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- Timeline - 1930s, History of Radlett Cricket Club. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- The Pavilions, History of Radlett Cricket Club. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- Brunton Memorial Ground, Radlett, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2018-05-22.