Brussels National Airport railway station
Tunnel to the railway station
|Location||Brussels Airport (Level -1)
|Station code||BNAT, FBNL|
|Rebuilt||1998, then in 2012|
Brussels National Airport is a railway station located beneath Brussels Airport, Flemish Brabant, Belgium. The station opened in 1958 on the Lines 36C and Lines 25N. The train services are operated by National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS/SNCB).
The station was opened in 1958 in the old airport building, mainly for the universal exposition in Brussels. With the opening of a new airport terminal in 1994, the railway station was moved in 1998 to a new location inside the new building. Following the opening of the new Diabolo project, the station was extended in June 2012 to enhance the comfort and passengers experience. The trains arrive and leave from level -2, with ticket desks on level -1. Passengers can go to the different floors in the airport and railway station by using a set of escalators and elevators, a couple of meters away of the platforms.
There is no dedicated car park but Brussels Airport carparks are available a short walk away, without any discount for rail customers.
The railway station connects the airport directly to the main Brussels stations, including the international Brussels-South and centrally-located Brussels-Central stations. The railway stations of Leuven and Mechelen can also be directly reached from the airport. From all these stations, one can easily travel to every city of Belgium; there are direct trains to the cities of Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent, Halle or Mons.
Once the new Schuman-Josaphat tunnel is finished, a new connection will be established to connect Brussels Airport directly to the stations of the EU quarter, being Brussels-Schuman and Brussels-Luxembourg. This will bring the travel time between the Airport and the EU quarter to about 15 minutes. The Belgian Railways plan to open the new connection in 2015.
The following services currently the serve the station (2014-2015 timetable):
- High speed service: Thalys Brussels Airport - Brussels - Paris (summer seasonal)
- Intercity services Amsterdam - The Hague - Rotterdam - Roosendaal - Antwerp - Brussels Airport - Brussels
- Intercity services Tournai - Ath - Brussels - Brussels Airport
- Intercity services Mons - Brussels - Brussels Airport
- Intercity services Antwerpen - Mechelen - Brussels Airport - Leuven - Hasselt
- Intercity services Ostend - Bruges - Kortrijk - Zottegem - Brussels - Brussels Airport
- Intercity services Bruges - Gent - Brussels - Brussels Airport (weekdays)
- Intercity services Gent - Brussels - Brussels Airport (weekends)
- Intercity services De Panne - Gent - Aalst - Brussels - Brussels Airport - Leuven - Landen
|Preceding station||Thalys||Following station|
|Preceding station||NMBS/SNCB||Following station|
toward Amsterdam Centraal
|NS International 9200||
toward De Panne
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|