This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Municipality of Brvenica
Komuna e Brevincës
|Region||Polog Statistical Region|
|• Mayor||Enver Pajaziti|
|• Total||164.30 km2 (63.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
- It is one of the largest and most developed villages in the Tetovo region, and is the seat of the Brvenica Municipality.
- It is part of the Polog Statistical Region.
Geography and Location
The municipality borders
- Tetovo Municipality to the north,
- Želino Municipality to the east,
- Makedonski Brod Municipality to the southeast,
- Gostivar Municipality to the southwest,
- Vrapčište Municipality to the west and
- Bogovinje Municipality to the northwest.
Located in Lower nest about 7 km south of Tetovo, at an altitude of 440 m, on the left side of the river Temishnica (left tributary of the Vardar River).
Throughout the village dummy Brvenica passes and the largest river in the Republic of Macedonia - Vardar.
Together with the village of Dolno Sedlarce is a large modern settlement.
On the territory of Brvenica, there are several commercial entities that employ most of the villagers.
Important economic subjects are
- Agriculture Plantage and
- the mill for processing fodder Agro Sloga.
Because the village is located in Polog valley, one of the most fertile plains in the Republic, the population of the village engaged in
Demographics of Brvenica Municipality
|Demographics of Brvenica municipality|
According to the 2002 Macedonian census, Brvenica Municipality has 15,855 inhabitants.
Ethnic groups in the municipality:
- Albanians = 9,770 (61.6%)
- Macedonians = 5,949 (37.5%)
Demographics of the village of Brvenica
The village of Brvenica has 2,981 inhabitants of which:
Much of the population Brvenica is temporarily working in foreign countries: Germany, Italy, UK, USA, Canada, Australia.
The village has eight-year primary school Koco Racin, park in the village where a monument to fallen soldiers during the Liberation.
The village has a standard football field on which football meetings are held.
There is a clinic with a permanent staff physician and nurses.
In the village there are
The village has produced Brvenica and urban plan, which is one of Brvenica most urbanized villages in Macedonia.
In a multi Brvenica tradition of holding the following events:
- Celebration of Christmas (January 6)
- Epiphany (January 19)
- The feast of St. Athanasius (31 January) devoted to the church Athanasius in Brvenica
- Ilinden celebration of the feast (2 August)
- 2002 census results in English and Macedonian (PDF)
|This Republic of Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|