|Headquarters||One Metropolitan Square|
St. Louis, Missouri
|No. of offices||27|
|No. of attorneys||approx. 1600|
|Major practice areas||Diversified international legal practice|
|Key people||Steve Baumer, Co-Chair |
Lisa Mayhew, Co-Chair
|Revenue||$900 million (2018)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
In 2018, Bryan Cave merged with Berwin Leighton Paisner to create Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP. The new firm is led by co-chairs Lisa Mayhew and Steve Baumer.
Founded in 1873 as King, Phillips & Stewart in downtown St. Louis. Pendleton Taylor Bryan joined the firm in 1911, followed by Rhodes Cave in 1917.
In 2009, Bryan Cave and Atlanta-based Powell Goldstein merged, creating an expanded firm with new offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, and Dallas.
In 2018, Bryan Cave merged with the London firm of Berwin Leighton Paisner.
- Represented Ralcorp in the $2.6 billion merger between Ralcorp and Kraft Foods' portfolio of cereals under the Post Cereal label.
- Advised Monsanto in its $290 million purchase of Aly Participacoes, a division of Brazilian global conglomerate Votorantim. Aly Participacoes operated two companies, CanaVialis S.A. and Alellyx S.A. which focus on sugarcane breeding and related applied genomics and biotech in the sugarcane industry.
- Counseled Barnes & Noble, the bookseller, on its $596 million purchase of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers Inc., a division that had been spun off from Barnes & Noble in the mid-1980s. The acquisition closed on October 1, 2009.
- "(Press Release) Bryan Cave LLP and NYC-based Robinson Silverman to Merge; Combination Based on Client Benefits". Bryan Cave. 2002-06-10. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Djordjevich, Vera (2007-03-15). Brian Cave Closes Riyadh Office. ISBN 9781581314601. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Our Offices | Offices | Hamburg". Bryan Cave. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Bryan Cave Merges with Colo-based Holme Roberts & Owen - Law Blog - WSJ". Blogs.wsj.com. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Bryan Cave to change its name in law merger". www.bizjournals.com/stlouis. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- (Press Release) "Post Deal Raises Ralcorp's Clout". Dow Jones Newswires. Flex News. November 16, 2007. Archived from the original on May 14, 2007. Retrieved October 18, 2009.
- "(Press Release) Demarest and Souza Cescon in bio-tech acquisition". IFLR Legalwire. IFLR. November 25, 2008. Archived from the original on January 11, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2009.
- Lowe, Zach (August 10, 2009). "Davis Polk, Bryan Cave on $596 million Barnes & Noble Deal". AmLaw Daily. Incesivemedia. Retrieved October 18, 2009.