|Born||7 December 1954|
|Thesis||Population dynamics of baleen whales and krill in the Southern Ocean (1981)|
Career and research
After his graduation Grenfell taught at the University of Cambridge, he was Alumni Professor of Biology, at Pennsylvania State University, and he is an affiliate of the Center for Health and Wellbeing.
Awards and honours
In 1991 Grenfell was awarded a T.H. Huxley Medal from Imperial College London, and in 1995 the 1995 Scientific Medal of the Zoological Society of London. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2004.
- GRENFELL, Prof. Bryan Thomas. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2016 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription required)
- Anon (2015). "Professor Bryan Grenfell OBE FRS". royalsociety.org. London: Royal Society. Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from the royalsociety.org website where:
“All text published under the heading 'Biography' on Fellow profile pages is available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.” --"Royal Society Terms, conditions and policies". Archived from the original on 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Bryan Grenfell at princeton.edu.
- Grenfell, Bryan T., and Andrew P. Dobson (eds). Ecology of infectious diseases in natural populations. Vol. 7. Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Grenfell, Bryan T.Measles: Nonlinearity and Stochasticity in an Epidemic Metapopulation, Oxford University Press, 2008, ISBN 978-0-19-853006-0
- Bryan Grenfell, Alumni Professor of the Biological Sciences, in: Science Journal, Summer 2005.
- Anon (2016). "Board of Governors". wellcome.ac.uk. London: Wellcome Trust. Archived from the original on 2016-06-22.