This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
19 May 1938 |
Battersea, London, England
|Alma mater||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
Marshall was born in Battersea, London. He is of Irish descent and was educated at the Salesian College, Battersea and trained as an actor at RADA, before appearing at the Bristol Old Vic and in repertory theatre and in the 1986 first national tour of The Sound of Music as Captain von Trapp.
His film credits include Rasputin the Mad Monk (1966), Alfie (1966), The Witches (1966), The Viking Queen (1967), Quatermass and the Pit (1967), Mosquito Squadron (1969), I Start Counting (1970), Man in the Wilderness (1971), Because of the Cats (1973), The Tamarind Seed (1974) and The Spy Who Loved Me (1977). By far, his most well remembered film role is the part of Councillor Harris in the crime film The Long Good Friday (1980). His later film career included roles in Australian productions such as BMX Bandits (1983), Bliss (1985), The Man from Snowy River II (1988), The Punisher (1989) with Dolph Lundgren, Country Life (1994) and Selkie (2000).
Television credits include:Spindoe, Persuasion, Warship, United!, The Forsyte Saga, Dixon of Dock Green, Z-Cars, The Saint, The Avengers, The Onedin Line, Out, The Professionals, Return of the Saint, Buccaneer, The Chinese Detective, Robin of Sherwood, Heartbeat, The Bill and Dalziel and Pascoe.
- Rasputin the Mad Monk (1966) - Vasily (uncredited)
- Alfie (1966) - Perce (uncredited)
- The Witches (1966) - Tom
- The Viking Queen (1967) - Dominic (uncredited)
- Quatermass and the Pit (1967) - Captain Potter
- Mosquito Squadron (1969) - Sqn. Ldr. Neale
- I Start Counting (1970) - George
- Man in the Wilderness (1971) - Potts
- Because of the Cats (1973) - Inspector van der Valk
- The Tamarind Seed (1974) - George MacLeod
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - Commander Talbot (HMS Ranger)
- The Long Good Friday (1980) - Harris
- 4D Special Agents (1981) - Ray
- BMX Bandits (1983) - The Boss
- Bliss (1985) - Adrian Clunes
- Hot Target (1985) - Clive Webber
- The Man from Snowy River II (1988) - Hawker
- The Punisher (1989) - Dino Moretti
- The Phantom Horseman (1990) - Tremayne
- Country Life (1994) - Mr. Pettinger
- Chicken (1996) - Dwight Serrento
- Hard Edge (1997) - Boss
- Selkie (2000) - Malcolm
- Courts mais GAY: Tome 13 (2007) - Marcus (segment "Into the night")
- Noble, Peter, ed. (1982). 1982–1983 Screen International Film And TV Year Book. London: King Publications.
- http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2b9eff3578 Bryan Marshall - Films, TV and people, BFI.]
- Course Name: Acting (RADA Diploma). Year of Graduation: 1963. RADA student & graduate profiles.
- 'Quatermass and the Pit (BFI Film Classics)’ by Kim Newman (BFI, 2014) p. 111 (Credits). ISBN 9781844577910.]
- Bryan Marshall filmography at Fandango
- Avengers episode "Who Was That Man I Saw You With?" (1969).
- 'Hanging around in the hood: the legacy of The Long Good Friday'. 20.o2.2000. The Guardian|Film.
- Australia's Most Wanted. tv.com.