Fresh & Wild
Meehan developed the idea of bringing organic stores to the UK after seeing the Wholefoods Organic Supermarket concept while living in Boston and studying at Harvard. Meehan came back to London in 1998 and set up organic Fresh & Wild stores with Hass Hassan (founder of Alfafas/Wild Oats in US).
Meehan and Hass built the Fresh & Wild chain to 7 stores, the largest chain of natural and organic food supermarkets in the UK. Widely popular with high-income earning Londoners, the stores amassed over 40,000 shoppers a week. In 2004, they sold the business to US based Whole Foods Market for $38m.
Meehan’s new venture 'Nude Skincare', launched in 2007. Using his experience with organic food, Meehan spent two years learning about skincare, building a careful understanding of ingredients and clinical testing.
Nude was launched at Wholefoods Market London and Harvey Nichols London in June 2007, and since then it has rolled out into Harrods, Selfridges and Space NK nationally. In 2008 Nude went international, launching into the US through Barneys New York stores, selected Whole Foods Market stores and Sephora stores. It is also sold in Australia and New Zealand through Mecca Cosmetica.
With stakes in natural skincare and his previous experience in organic food, Meehan has expanded his social responsibility by co-founding Greenmont Capital, a company thought up by himself and four other entrepreneurs in the green industry. The group funds people who are primarily interested in creating environmentally friendly products. Investments include IZZE soda line, a green bank, and an eco-timber company that supplies green sustainable wood to the building industry.
- "ES Magazine interviews Nude Founder Bryan Meehan". Nudeskincare.com. Retrieved 2010-01-20.[dead link]
- Caesar, Ed (2007-05-24). "The eco-capitalist bringing ultra-natural skincare to the masses - Green Living, Environment". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2010-01-20.[dead link]
- "Friends united Ali Hewson and Bryan Meehan". The Times (London). 2009-01-24. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Store Locator". Nude Skincare. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Greenmont Capital Partners | People". Greenmont Capital Partners. Retrieved 2010-01-20.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bryan Meehan.|