Petersen with the Miami Marlins
Milwaukee Brewers – No. 61
April 9, 1986 |
|May 7, 2010 for the Florida Marlins|
(through 2012 season)
|Runs batted in||29|
Bryan E. Petersen (born April 9, 1986) is a professional baseball outfielder who is with the Milwaukee Brewers organization. He played in Major League Baseball for the Miami Marlins from 2010 to 2012.
On July 20, 2011, Peterson pitched a hitless inning of relief, walking one batter, in a game against the San Diego Padres. On September 27, when Javier Vázquez made what could be his last Major League start, Petersen gave him a win when he hit a ninth inning walk-off home run off Nationals reliever Doug Slaten off the Bud Light advertisement in right field.
On April 29, 2012, Petersen was recalled from Triple-A New Orleans to replace struggling outfielder Chris Coghlan, who was optioned to New Orleans. Petersen was hitting .320 with 8 RBI and 3 SB in 21 games at New Orleans. He finished the season batting .195 in 241 at-bats with no homers, 9 doubles, 3 triples, 17 RBIs, 25 walks, and 8 stolen bases.
After the signing of reliever Jon Rauch to a one-year deal, the Marlins designated Petersen for assignment. He was resigned afterwards and sent to New Orleans. In 2013, he hit .275, with 33 doubles, 5 triples, 8 home runs, and 49 RBIs while stealing 12 bases with the Zephyrs.
Petersen signed a minor league deal with the Texas Rangers on December 5, 2013.He currently plays for the Texas Rangers' Triple-A affiliate, the Round Rock Express. On 3 April 2014, he hit a grand slam in a 7-6 loss to the Oklahoma City RedHawks.So far, in the 2014 season, he has hit .254, with 12 homers, 57 RBIs, and 5 stolen bases to go with a .323 OBP(on base percentage).
On December 16, 2014, he signed a minor league contract with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- "Bryan Petersen Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Bryan Petersen". The Official Site of the Miami Marlins. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Bryan Petersen". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Gonzalez, Alden (May 6, 2011). "Lamb designated; Petersen called up". MLB.com. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Frisaro, Joe (May 7, 2010). "Petersen sparks rally in debut to help Volstad". MLB.com. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- De Nicola, Christina (July 21, 2011). "Outfielder Petersen takes hill to save 'pen". MLB.com. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Frisaro, Joe (February 5, 2013). "Marlins sign reliever Rauch to one-year contract". MLB.com. Retrieved February 5, 2013.