Bryan James Spears
April 19, 1977
McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
|Alma mater||Parklane Academy|
Southeastern Louisiana University
|Occupation||Film and television producer|
|Known for||Television producer;|
Brother of Britney Spears
|Relatives||Britney Spears (sister)|
Jamie Lynn Spears (sister)
Bryan was born to James Parnell Spears and Lynne Irene Spears (née Bridges) on April 19, 1977 in McComb, Mississippi. He was born with a bacterial lung infection and had to be hooked to an IV before overcoming the infection about a week later. In Lynne's book, Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World, she recalls how she thought Bryan was going to die and pleaded with God to let him live. He is of English, Maltese, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Irish, French, and Welsh ancestry.
Bryan attended Parklane Academy in McComb, a private Christian school that serves grades K-12. After graduating high school, Bryan attended Southeastern Louisiana University, his mother's alma mater. While attending university, he majored in kinesiology.
Over New Years in 2009, Bryan married Graciella Sanchez, manager of Jamie Lynn and founder of One Talent Management. The two wed in a small, private ceremony in New Orleans. Sanchez is a graduate of Yale University. Together the two have one daughter, Sophia Alexandra "Lexie" Spears.
After his sister Britney became famous, Bryan started working as a manager for Spears family interests, including acting as producer for a number of Jamie's projects.
|2001||MTV Diary of Britney Spears||Self|
|2001||Total Britney Live||Self|
|2003||Britney Spears: Out All Night||Self|
|2004||Britney Spears: Greatest Hits – My Prerogative video||Uncredited|
|2005||Britney and Kevin: Chaotic||Self; episode: "Veil of Secrecy"|
|2005||Jamie Lynn Spears: A Weekend with Jamie Lynn Spears||Executive producer|
|2006||VideoNow: At Home with Jamie Lynn Spears||Executive producer|
|2013||I Am Britney Jean||Self|
|2016||Jamie Lynn Spears: When the Lights Go Out||Self|
- Spears, Lynne (2008). Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World. Thomas Nelson Inc. p. 20. ISBN 9781418567354.
- Marron, Maggie (2008). Britney Spears: Stylin'. Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 9780446553261. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Berk, Sheryl (2007). True Brit: The Story of Singing Sensation Britney Spears. Random House Publishing Group. p. 12. ISBN 9780307417596.
- Spears, p.76.
- Helligar, Jeremy (February 15, 1999). "A Major Minor". People. Archived from the original on January 13, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Lynne Spears". Thomas Nelson Book Publishers. Retrieved January 13, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Bryan Spears and Graciella Sanchez: Married!". The Hollywood Gossip. January 1, 2009. Archived from the original on January 13, 2015. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Margaret, Mary (December 31, 2008). "Britney's Brother Bryan Spears to Wed". People. Archived from the original on January 13, 2015. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Goldstein, Jack (2013). 101 Amazing Facts About Britney Spears. Andrews UK Limited. ISBN 9781783332328.
- "BRITNEY SPEARS high school shows and her discovery at MMC". Celebrities Then and Now. Archived from the original on January 13, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Bank of Britney Spears Weathers Tough Economic Times". The Hollywood Gossip. December 23, 2008. Archived from the original on January 13, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2015.