(Redirected from Brynów - Osiedle Zgrzebnioka)
- Brynów - Osiedle Zgrzebnioka is the eastern subdistrict with 7,200 inhabitants (in 2002)
- Brynów - Załęska Hałda is the western subdistrict with 16,800 inhabitants (in 2002)
Among the landmarks of Brynów are:
- Kopalnia Wujek, a coal mine known as the place the government of People's Republic of Poland brutally suppressed workers demonstration in December, 1981.
- Kościuszko Park, the largest park in the city
- Church of St. Michael Archangel, located in Kościuszko park, is the oldest building in Katowice (from 1510)
- Parachute tower, the only one in Poland, place of a battle during the Invasion of Poland
History of Brynów, as a village, goes back to the 15th century.
There are several schools, five churches and three supermarkets in Brynów. A small civilian airport is nearby.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brynów.|
|This Silesian Voivodeship location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|