Brynley F. Roberts
Dr Brynley F(rancis) Roberts, CBE, , , , FLSW (born 1931), known as Bryn Roberts, is a Welsh scholar and literary critic. He has written extensively on the Welsh language and Celtic history. He was Professor of Welsh Language and Literature at the University of Wales, Swansea from 1978 to 1975, and Librarian of the National Library of Wales from 1985 to 1994. He was made editor of the Dictionary of Welsh Biography in 1987, and of Y Traethodydd in 1999.
- Edward Lhuyd (G.J.Williams Memorial Lecture), University of Wales Press (14 February 1980)
- Brut Tysilio, University of Wales Press (December 1980)
- Gerald of Wales (Writers of Wales), University of Wales Press (1982)
- Studies on Middle Welsh Literature, Edwin Mellen Press Ltd (1992)
- Cyfannu'r rhwyg: Hanes Eglwys Salem Aberystwyth 1893-1988, Capel y Morfa (1995)
- Darlith Goffa Henry Lewis: Cadrawd - Arloeswr Llên Gwerin, University of Wales, Swansea (March 1997)
- Ar Drywydd Edward Lhuyd: Darlith Flynyddol Edward Lhuyd, Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol and The Learned Society of Wales (October 2013)
- Gwassanaeth Meir, University of Wales Press (1961)
- Brut Y Brenhinedd: Llanstephan MS 1 Version (Mediaeval & Modern Welsh), Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (December 1971)
- Cyfranc Lludd a Llefelys (Mediaeval & Modern Welsh), Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (1975)
- Early Welsh Poetry: Studies in the Book of Aneirin, National Library of Wales (1988)
- The Arthur of the Welsh: Arthurian Legend in Mediaeval Welsh Literature, (edited with Rachel Bromwich ac A.O.H. Jarman) University of Wales Press (1993; new edition published 1995)
- Beirdd a Thywysogion: Barddoniaeth Llys yng Nghymru, Iwerddon a'r Alban, (with Morfydd E. Owen: gol.) University of Wales Press (1996)
- Moelwyn: Bardd Y Ddinas Gadarn , Gwasg Pantycelyn (1996)
- The Dictionary of Welsh Biography 1941-1970, (edited with R.T. Jenkins & E.D. Jones) Anrhydeddus Gymdeithas y Cymmrodorion (2001)
- Archaeologia Britannica: Texts and Translations, (Author: Edward Lhuyd; edited with D. Wyn Evans) Celtic Studies Publications (2007)
- "Brynley Francis Roberts, CBE, DLitt, MA, PhD, FLSW Scholar of Celtic Studies". Aberdare Boys' Grammar School Former Pupils. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Cyngor a Swyddogion/Council and Officers. Rhagfyr/December 2003".
- "Swyddogion y Capel" (in Welsh).
- "Llyfrgell Adnoddau y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol | Darlith Edward Lhuyd 2013: Ar Drywydd Edward Lhwyd". www.colegcymraeg.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Full bibliography up to 1997 by Huw Walters, Llyfryddiaeth Dr Brynley F. Roberts, J. E. Caerwyn Williams, ed., Ysgrifau Beirniadol, XXII, Denbigh: Gwasg Gee, 1997, pp. 22–40.
R. Geraint Gruffydd
|Librarian of the National Library of Wales
J. Lionel Madden
|This Welsh biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|