|Location||George Washington Boulevard, Bryntirion, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
Bryntirion Estate incorporates the Mahlamba Ndlopfu residence of the president of South Africa, the vice president's residence (called the OR Tambo House), the presidential guest house, many homes of cabinet ministers, 15 tennis courts, and a 9 hole presidential golf course with a helipad. It is located in Pretoria, South Africa.
The estate is 1.07 square kilometres (107 hectares or 264 acres). The perimeter security system includes 202 CCTV cameras, 4 gatehouses and 8.1 km of anti-climb motion detection fences. The perimeter fences cost R90 million (USD12.8 million) to build in 2007. R90 million for 8.1 km is approximately R11 million per kilometre or R11 000 per metre.
|Erf Number||Street Number||Street Name||Erf Area (square metres)|
|1||21||George Washington Boulevard||20603|
|2||20||George Washington Boulevard||9532|
|3||26||George Washington Boulevard||11330|
|26||23||George Washington Boulevard||17510|
|27||25||George Washington Boulevard||41889|
|28||27||George Washington Boulevard||74|
|Total area:||226 226m² or 22.6 Hectares|
Erf 16 is the only privately owned property that falls within the area which is referred to as the Bryntirion Estate. During 1993, Erf 16 was bought by a purchaser from the then government shortly before the first democratic elections. During 1997 another buyer purchased the property, which had been advertised for sale in the open market. At the time it was zoned for government use. The owner renovated and extended the house on the property. During 1999 the property was rezoned for use as a guest house. However, it has since then only been used as a family home. Government tried to expropriate erf 16 for security reasons. Rashid Aboobaker challenged the expropriation and claimed he lost R12.5 million because of the unilateral decision to include his land in the estate.
- "Projects: Bryntirion Presidential Golf Estate in Pretoria". Secelec Consulting Engineers. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Mbeki's 'secret' R90m wall". Archived from the original on 2007-02-22. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-18. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "ERF 16 Bryntirion (Pty) Ltd v Minister of Public Works (11375/08)  ZAGPPHC 154 (12 October 2010)". Saflii.org. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Liezl Thom (2010-04-13). "Bryntirion Estate fight back in court". Eyewitness News. Retrieved 2011-12-31.