Bryton James in 2015.
|Born||Bryton Eric McClure
August 17, 1986 
Lakewood, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer, actor, voice actor|
|Notable credit(s)||Richie Crawford on Family Matters (1990–1997)
Devon Hamilton in The Young and the Restless
|Spouse(s)||Ashley Leisinger (2011–2014)|
Bryton Eric James (born August 17, 1986), also credited as Bryton and Bryton McClure, is an American actor, voice artist and singer. As a child actor, he played Richie Crawford on the ABC/CBS sitcom, Family Matters. He currently plays Devon Hamilton on the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless.
James started in show business when he was two years old. He appeared in commercials and magazine ads, including one with singer Michael Jackson. At the age of four, he began portraying Richie Crawford on the sitcom Family Matters, where he appeared from 1990 to 1997 in over 200 episodes.
He has portrayed Devon Hamilton on the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless since June 2004. He won the 2007 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series, and earned nominations for the same award in 2006 and 2008. After being nominated for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series from 2005 through 2008, James won the award in 2009.
James was a guest star on the drama The Vampire Diaries during its second season as warlock Luka Martin. He voices Jason James/Z-Strap on Nicktoons animated series Zevo-3 and Virgil Hawkins/Static in the Cartoon Network series Young Justice: Invasion. He has also provided the voice of Mark Surge in Hero Factory. His credits also include voice acting work as Freddie on the animated series The Kids From Room 402, Mowgli on The Jungle Book CD-ROM, and Zare Leonis on Star Wars Rebels. James was also a recording artist and performed on Disney Channel and other U.S. and international networks.
Charitable work and honors
James is a spokesperson for many charitable organizations and founded RADD (Recording Artists, Actors and Athletes Against Drunk Driving) in 1996. He received the Michael Landon Award for charitable work through youth in entertainment.
In 2011, James married Ashley Leisinger. In June 2014, James confirmed that he and Leisinger have since divorced but said they are still close friends. Since spring 2015, James has been in a relationship with singer and actress Sterling Victorian, who he met through his The Young and the Restless co-star, Christel Khalil.
He is best friends with Khalil, saying about their friendship: "Christel and I have practically grown up together and have experienced some of the same things in our adult lives. We've always had each other's backs. I'm an only child and Christel is the closest thing I have to a sibling." James is the godfather to Khalil's son, Michael Caden. He is also godfather to his other The Young and the Restless co-star, Daniel Goddard's eldest son, Ford.
- "Bryton James Bio". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "Meet Bryton McClure". Allegheny Times. April 6, 1992. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "Bryton James". CBS.com. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Harris, Beth (June 16, 2007). "Barker caps career with Daytime Emmy win". USA Today. Associated Press. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "NAACP Awards "AMC," "Y&R"". Soapnet. 2009. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Owens, Devin (June 23, 2014). "Teen Speed". Soap Opera Digest. American Media, Inc. 39 (25).
- "Happy Birthday to the Love In My Life".. Instagram.com. May 16, 2015.
- "One year of her making my life a true dream".. Instagram.com. May 4, 2016.
- "Happy birthday to this amazing mother and woman!!". Instagram.com. November 30, 2014.
- Soap Stars Roundup Question. Soap Opera Digest. January 25, 2016 pg. 72
- "If I could dream up the best sister in the world, she wouldn't come close to my real one".. Instagram.com. April 11, 2015.
- "Caden I Am Your Godfather".. Instagram.com. November 21, 2015.
- "My Other Godson Ford".. Instagram.com. September 27, 2015.