|• Hokkien POJ||Bān-kok|
Trafalgar was once filled and overcrowded by kampongs and villages that have been demolished just in 2009, with Kampong Lorong Buangkok the only remaining village in the vicinity.
Although still officially named "Trafalgar", the more conventional name, "Buangkok", still remains in popular use even to this day.
When Sengkang was developed in the late 1990s, a large section of Lorong Buangkok was removed for the development of the new town. Today, Lorong Buangkok is truncated into two sections — one located at the west end of Buangkok with its entrance near Yio Chu Kang Road, and the other much shorter section located within Sengkang near Punggol Road.
Public housing estates
The public housing estates in Trafalgar include a cluster of apartment blocks at Buangkok Link in the northern part of Hougang and the southern part of Compassvale in Sengkang.
The housing estates in Compassvale are as follows:
- Compassvale Arcadia, Compassvale Link - Block nos. 267A-B, 268A-D & 269A-D
- Aspella, Compassvale Link - Block nos. 275A-D & 277A-D
- Atrina, Sengkang Central & Compassvale Link - Block nos. 272A-D & 273A-D
- Coris 1 & 2, Compassvale Bow & Compassvale Link - Block nos. 264A-F, 265A-E & 266A-C
- Tivela, Sengkang Central - Block nos. 270A & 271A-C
- Victor R Savage, Brenda S A Yeoh (2003), Toponymics - A Study of Singapore Street Names, Eastern Universities Press, ISBN 981-210-205-1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buangkok.|
|This Singapore location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|