Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bubble boy, boy in the bubble or boy in the plastic bubble may refer to:
- Severe combined immunodeficiency, sometimes called 'bubble boy disease', a genetic disorder which results in an extreme vulnerability to infectious diseases
- Ted DeVita (1962–1980), a victim of severe aplastic anaemia who was forced to live in a sterile hospital room
- David Vetter (1971–1984), a victim of severe combined immune deficiency syndrome who was forced to live in a sterile environment
Books, movies etc. inspired by the patients' lives
- The Boy in the Plastic Bubble, a 1976 film starring John Travolta
- The Boy in the Bubble, British children's novel by Ian Strachan, winner of the 1994 Children's Book Award
- "The Bubble Boy" (Seinfeld), a 1992 episode of the Seinfeld TV series
- Bubble Boy (film), a 2001 film starring Jake Gyllenhaal
- Bubble Boy (musical), a musical first performed in 2008 and written by the same authors as the film
- "Bubble Boy", an episode of The Powerpuff Girls
- "The Boy in the Bubble", a 1986 song by Paul Simon from the album Graceland
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bubble Boy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.