|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Bubble Memories: The Story of Bubble Bobble III|
|Release date(s)||February 1996|
|Mode(s)||Up to 2 players simultaneously|
|Arcade system||Taito F3 System
Main CPU: 68EC020 (@ 16 MHz)
|Sound||Sound CPU: 68000 (@ 16 MHz)
Sound Chips: ES5505 (@ 15.23805 MHz)
|Display||Raster resolution 320×224 (Horizontal) Palette Colors 8192|
Bubble Memories (バブルメモリーズ Baburu Memorīzu?) is a video game by Taito released to arcades in February 1996. It is the sequel to Bubble Symphony and is the fifth Bubble Bobble game (although it is listed as being the third). Unlike Bubble Symphony, this game stars only two dragons, Bub and Bob, like the original Bubble Bobble. It was released in 2007 for PlayStation 2 in Japan only as part of the Taito Memories II Volume 1 compilation.
One day, the twins Bubby and Bobby, intermarried with Bub and Bob, playing together to the tower where they live, are transformed into bubble-blowing dragons by the evil Dark Super Great Dragon that takes possession of the tower. The twins must climb the 80 floors of the tower to take seven colorful potions, free it from his clutches and regain their human forms.
Bub and Bob are young boys in the intro, indicating that this is a prequel to the series.
Bub and Bob are once again transformed into bubble dragons and have to climb up the Rainbow Tower to fight the Super Dark Great Dragon, while collecting potions to turn back into human form.
Bubble Memories does very little to change the gameplay of the series, except for introducing giant enemies on some levels, different bosses, and a way to blow giant bubbles after charging up (especially for killing the giant enemies). Giant bubbles can be blown by charging up the character, the bubble button is held until the character's horns begin flashing and then releasing the button. There are a total of 80 levels, while the last 10 levels can only be accessed by collecting 7 potions.
- "Bubble Memories The [Coin-Op] Arcade Video Game by Taito Corp. [Japan]". arcade-history.com. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- "Bubble Memories The Story Of Bubble Bobble III". The International Arcade Museum. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Campbell, Stuart (July 2006), "The Definitive - Bubble Bobble", Retro Gamer, Imagine Publishing (28): 58–68
- Taito Corporation. Bubble Memories. Scene: Intro text.
The way being left for the two who have been changed into bubble dragons is to go on a journey to the Rainbow Tower.
- Dawkes, Adam (September 2004), "Bubble Trouble", Retro Gamer, Imagine Publishing (8): 36–41, retrieved 2013-01-11
- Bubble Memories at the Killer List of Videogames
- Bubble Memories - The Story of Bubble Bobble III at Arcade History.com
|This Taito-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|