Buccellati, Place Vendôme, Paris.
|Founded||2011 (current brand)|
|Founders||Mario and Gianmaria Buccellati|
Buccellati Holding Italia is an Italian jewellery and watch company formed by the merger of two previous companies with existing brands Mario Buccellati and Gianmaria Buccellati, which corresponded to the names and surname of two master goldsmiths: father and son.
In 1919 Mario Buccellati opened his first enterprise and, after the establishment of stores in Milan, Rome and Florence, began the development of his overseas business by opening a new store on Fifth Avenue in New York in 1954 and another in Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, Florida in 1958. In 1949 Mario Buccellati was commissioned to create an icon by Pope Pius XII for Princess Margaret to mark the extraordinary power of the first visit of a British Royal to Vatican City in hundreds of years. This magnificent work of art can be admired today at the Chianciano Art Museum in Tuscany,
In 1965, after the death of Mario, management of the firm was conducted by four of his five sons. In 1971 the new brand Gianmaria Buccellati was launched by one of Mario's sons, who started a separate business from his brothers, and in 2011 came to an agreement with his relatives for the brand Buccellati then Buccellati Holding Italia reshaping the company.
In December 2016, China's Gansu Gangtai Holding Group bought a controlling 85% share in Buccellati.
In September 2019, Cie Financiere Richemont acquired 100% of Buccellati from Gangtai 
Gianmaria set up shops in Paris on Place Vendome, London, Moscow, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Hong Kong, Milan via Monte Napoleone, Costa Smeralda, Capri, Elba, Beverly Hills in Rodeo Drive, Aspen and Sydney; Gianmaria has been given several awards for his work as a goldsmith and entrepreneur. In 2011, after the trade association of the brands family, the company began to explore new markets. In 2013, the investment fund Clessidra took over the majority of the company's capital to further expand the business through owned shops showing only the label Buccellati.
- Heritage Fine Jewelry & Timepieces by Jill Burgum, Katie Pierce Johnston and James L. Halperin
- Sylvia Luzzatto, Buccellati: arte senza tempo, 5 Continents Editions, 2008 
- Martina Corgnati, Mario Buccellati: Prince of Goldsmiths, Rizzoli International Publications, Incorporated, 1999;
- Martina Corgnati, Mario Buccellati: storie di uomini e gioielli, Leonardo Arte, 1998 
- Vincent-Emmanuel Ragot, Buccellati, Perseus Distribution Services, 2003 
- Maria Cristina Buccellati, Buccellati: arte in oro, argento e gemme, Skira, 2000 
- M. Mosco, Art of jewelry and artists' jewels in the 20th century, Giunti, 2001, pp. 20–21 and 168-179
- M. Amari, I musei delle aziende, FrancoAngeli, 2001, pp. 239–242
- A. Mazzuca, I numeri uno del made in Italy, Baldini Castoldi Dalai, 2005, pp. 66–67
- A. Testa, M. Garbuglia, Profilo Italia: Un Certo Stile Made in Italy, Berenice, 1990, pp. 150–153
- M. Di Lorenzo, "Da Roma a New York l'impero del Principe dei gioiellieri", in Il Parlamento italiano, VII (1959), n. 3-4, pp. 42 ss.;
- R. Bossaglia, "I gioielli di Gabriele D'Annunzio", in Bolaffi Arte, November 1977, n. 74, suppl., pp. 40–47
- "Princess has brief visit with Pope". Chicago Tribune. 28 May 1949.
- history from the official website Archived December 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Il Sole 24Ore
- "Gansu Gangtai : Gangtai Acquired 85% of Buccellati". December 29, 2016. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- "Richemont Luxury Group Acquires Buccellati, Now Celebrating A Century Of Making Jewelry". September 27, 2017. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Italia Oggi Archived April 19, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Il Sole 24 ore
- Il Sole 24 Ore
- Baker Tilly Revisa Archived March 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine