Bucegi Natural Park
|Bucegi Natural Park|
|Parcul Natural Bucegi|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
The Bucegi Mountains (scenery)
In the administrative territory of counties:
|Area||32.663 hectares (80.71 acres)|
|Established||1974, declared in 2000|
The Bucegi Natural Park (Romanian: Parcul Natural Bucegi) is a protected area (natural park category V IUCN) situated in Romania, in the administrative territory of counties Braşov, Dâmboviţa and Prahova.
The Bucegi Natural Park with an area of 32.663 ha was declared a protected area by Law Number 5 of March 6, 2000 (published in Monitorul Oficial Number 152 of April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area (caves, pit caves, canyons, ridges, sinkholes, valleys, waterfalls, pastures and forests), that shelters a variety of flora and fauna. The park is famous for its Babele and Sphinx features.
Protected areas included in the park: Abruptul Mălăiești - Bucșoiu - Gaura (1.634 ha) and Locul fosilifer Vama Strunga in Brașov County; Cocora Cave and Cheile Urșilor (307 ha) in Dâmbovița County; and Abruptul Prahovean Bucegi (3.478 ha) and Colții lui Barbeș Mountains (1.513 ha) in Prahova County.
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Bucegi Natural Park (coords); retrieved on June, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Bucegi Natural Park (location); retrieved on June 23, 2012
- (in Romanian) apmph.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Prahova; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- (in Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000[permanent dead link]; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- Louise McTigue, ed. (2014). "Bucegi Natural Park". Nature Flip. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
Latitude: 45.382416 Longitude: 25.449116. About Bucegi Natural Park: Located in south central Romania in the Bucegi Mountains, Bucegi Natural Park covers a total area of 325 km2 (~125 sq mi). Half falls within the Dâmbovita county with the remainder split relatively equally between Prahova and Brasov. Unsurprisingly, given its location, it is a mountainous landscape with caves, canyons, sinkholes, valleys and waterfalls, alongside meadows and forests. Significant features include the Babele (Old Women) and the Sphinx.
- (in Romanian) apmbv.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Braşov; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- (in Romanian) apmdb.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Dâmboviţa: retrieved on June 27, 2012