Bucegi Natural Park
|Bucegi Natural Park|
|Parcul Natural Bucegi|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
The Bucegi Mountains (scenery)
In the administrative territory of counties:
|Area||32.663 hectares (80.71 acres)|
|Established||1974, declared in 2000|
The Bucegi Natural Park (Romanian: Parcul Natural Bucegi) is a protected area (natural park category V IUCN) situated in Romania, in the administrative territory of counties Braşov, Dâmboviţa and Prahova.
The Bucegi Natural Park with an area of 32.663 ha was declared protected area by the Law Number 5 of March 6, 2000 (published in Monitorul Oficial Number 152 of April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area (caves, pit caves, canyons, ridges, sinkholes, valleys, waterfalls, pastures and forests), what shelters variety of flora and fauna. The park is famous for its Babele and Sphinx features.
Protected areas included in the park: Abruptul Mălăiești - Bucșoiu - Gaura (1.634 ha) and Locul fosilifer Vama Strunga in Brașov County; Cocora Cave and Cheile Urșilor (307 ha) in Dâmbovița County; and Abruptul Prahovean Bucegi (3.478 ha) and Colții lui Barbeș Mountains (1.513 ha) in Prahova County.
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Bucegi Natural Park (coords); retrieved on June, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Bucegi Natural Park (location); retrieved on June 23, 2012
- (Romanian) apmph.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Prahova; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- (Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- Louise McTigue, ed. (2014). "Bucegi Natural Park". Nature Flip. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
Latitude: 45.382416 Longitude: 25.449116. About Bucegi Natural Park: Located in south central Romania in the Bucegi Mountains, Bucegi Natural Park covers a total area of 325 km2 (~125 sq mi). Half falls within the Dâmbovita county with the remainder split relatively equally between Prahova and Brasov. Unsurprisingly, given its location, it is a mountainous landscape with caves, canyons, sinkholes, valleys and waterfalls, alongside meadows and forests. Significant features include the Babele (Old Women) and the Sphinx.
- (Romanian) apmbv.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Braşov; retrieved on June 27, 2012
- (Romanian) apmdb.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Dâmboviţa: retrieved on June 27, 2012