This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sri Kodanda Rama Swamy temple
|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Buchireddypalem Gram panchayat|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 26|
Buchireddypalem is a town in the Nellore district of India. It is part of the Kovur (Assembly constituency) Located 15 km from Nellore city, it is located on the state highway connecting Nellore and Mumbai. The nearest railway station is Nellore, the nearest seaport is Krishnapatnam and the nearest airports are Renigunta and Chennai and in near future anotherNellore Airport .
Buchireddypalem is located at  It has an average elevation of 28 meters (95 feet)..
In the year 1715 a family man by name Dodla Anna Reddy migrated from the south (present-day Tamil Nadu) to a village called Vavveru since this place was having good water source and fertile land. Later his family established a settlement called Buchireddipalem in the name of their ancestors very close to Vavveru village. Till 1961 census it was known as a hamlet of Vavveru.
Buchireddipalem was famous for its extensive aquaculture, staple crops have been Paddy and Sugar Cane. This town is known for its trading activity with people from nearby villages coming here to buy their essential goods.
Places of Importance
- The Sri Kodanda Rama Swamy temple was built by the Dodla family in 1784 A.D., is also a notable feature of Buchireddipalem. Annual Bramhotsavams held starting from Ram Navami day are a major festivities for this town. Sita Ramula kalyanam on the Chaturdasi day is a major draw among the women devotees who attend in large numbers. Rathotsavam held on the Pournami day attracts huge crowds pulling the Temple Car (Ratham) amidst chants of 'Jai Sriram'in its designated route back to its starting point. Float Festival (Teppotsavam) held on the same day evening is a treat to the eye.
- Kanigiri reservoir one of the biggest man-made reservoirs in the state is located adjacent to the town
- The big D.L.N.R High School is located in Buchireddipalem, M. Venkaiah Naidu the Vice president of India studied in this school, similarly present MP of Nellore Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy is also an old student of this school
- Sri Kodandarama Swamy Temple, Temple Street, Pedduru
- Sri Saibaba Mandiram
- Sri Vasavi Kanyakaparameswari Temple
- Sivalayam, Pedduru
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple
Sri Kodanda Ramaswamy Brahmothsavam: It is celebrated for eleven days from Chaitra Suddha Navami to Bahula Chaviti (March–April) at Buchireddipalem town in Nellore district. On the Navami day in the morning ‘Dwajarohanam’ is performed and in the evening, the Lord with his consorts is taken on Adi Sesha Vahanam on the main streets of the old town. On Dasami day Lord is made to ride on the Hamsa vahanam with beautiful flower decoration. On Ekadasi day the lord is atop Vyali vahanam in his majestic best. On the Dwadasi day, Lord is carried on his shoulders by his most ardent devotee Hanuman and is a very popular vahanam among certain communities of the town. On the Triyodasi day in the morning, Lord goes around the town in his famous Mohini avatar and in the night Lord is atop Golden Garuda with huge following of the public is taken out of the temple in a takeoff mode. This vahanam is made to go around the entire town and returns to the temple almost at the day break. Seetharamula Kalyanam is celebrated with the full religious fervour with huge attendance from people from all over on the Chaturdasi day and this event is generally more popular among the women folk who throng to get the ‘Talambralu’ (Rice mixed in turmeric and used during the celestial wedding). Seetha Lakshmana sametha Rama is taken to the southern end of the city to shower their blessings on the town folks. Once they return Lord Rama goes on the Gaja vahanam On the pournami day the three deities are put on the elaborately decorated ‘Ratham’ (Temple car) and this ratham is pulled by the thousands of devotees who visit the town from far and near for this event. Normally it takes about 45 minutes for the Ratham to complete its journey and reaches the resting place. During the evening hours, the Lord is taken for a boat ride on a specially built float ‘Theppa’ which is well decorated with lights in the temple tank for three rounds. On completion of the Theppotsavam, Lord goes around the town in Krishna avatar on ‘Ponnamanu seva’. On the Padyami day, Lord goes on his Ashwa vahanam and there is a story of ‘Paruveta’ on triyodasi day chakrasnanam is performed and Dwaja avarohanam is conducted.
Trivia & Facts
- Flying Officer Dodla Ranga Reddy who served as a fighter pilot died in an air crash trying to save his fellow Pilot Flying officer Ram Unny from the Japanese fighter planes is from this town. A video testimony of his valour from the very man who was saved by him before the valiant flying officer was shot down
- Dodla Rukmini who lost her pilot son in the world war II, had organised a meeting and collected donations for the freedom struggle handed over the same to Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi when he visited this place
- Sri Bezawada Gopala Reddy, former Chief Minister of AP & Governor of Uttar Pradesh, belongs to Buchireddipalem. His famous political rival
- Sri Bezawada Ramachandra Reddy, one of the founders of Swatantra Party hails from the same town
- Bezawada Papi Reddy, son of B. Ramachandra Reddy had the unique distinction of being a member of all the legislature bodies namely AP Legislative council, AP Legislative Assembly, Rajya Sabha and Loksabha is from this town
- Dr. Ukkala Rajeswari, former MP of Nellore during 1999-2004 she is one of the leading doctors in Buchireddipalem Dr. Rajeswari's father D Kamakshiah also served as a MP of Nellore from 1977 to 1984.
- Magunta Parvathi who is the 'Adapadachu' of the village is the niece of Sri Bezawada Gopala Reddy and was married to Late Sri Magunta Subbarama Reddy who was slain by the bullets of Maoists. After his death his widow was elected as the Member of Parliament from Ongole parliamentary constituency. She later served as an MLA of Kavali assembly constituency from 2004–09
- The South Indian Director and Producer A. M. Ratnam hails from Buchireddipalem.
- The real estate prices in the focal Bus stand area (Nellore-Mumbai highway) some times attract the attention for the pricing it commands. Rates are known to be higher than the district headquarters Nellore prime areas some times
- The famous Jonnawada Kamakshi temple is located near Buchireddipalem.
- Girija Mahal - Demolished
- Maomola Mahal
- Zameela Mahal
- RajKishore Theatre
- Naaz Theatre
Nursing Homes & Hospitals
- Sri Srinivasa Nursing Home, Chennuru Road Dr Byna Mohan Babu & Dr Hemalatha
- Dr Shekhar Reddy Hospital, Chennuru Road
- KM Hospital, Bombay Road
Following are the Bank (Branches) Located in Buchireddypalem
- State Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
- Vavveru Co-operative Bank
- The Buchireddy Palem Co-operative Rural Bank Ltd
- Union Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
Buchireddipalem mandal consists of 15 villages
- Buchireddypalem (panchayat and Mandal headquarters)
- Rebala (village and panchayat)
- Chellayapalem (village and panchayat)
- Damaramadugu (village and panchayat)
- Isakapalem (village and panchayat)
- Jonnawada (village and panchayat)
- Kalayakagollu (village and panchayat)
- Kattubadipalem (village and panchayat)
- Minagallu (village and panchayat)
- Munulapudi (village and panchayat)
- Nagaiah Gunta (village and panchayat)
- Nagamambapuram (village and panchayat)
- Penuballi (village and panchayat)
- Annareddipalem (village and panchayat)
- Vavveru (village and panchayat)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buchireddipalem.|