Buck Creek, Indiana
|Buck Creek, Indiana|
A freight train passes through Buck Creek
Location of Buck Creek in Tippecanoe County, Indiana.
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||449626, 2583446|
Buck Creek was originally called Transitville.
Buck Creek sits at the intersection of Tippecanoe County Road 750 East and a northeast-southwest Norfolk Southern railroad line between the cities of Lafayette and Delphi. The creek for which Buck Creek is named originates 6.5 miles (10.5 km) east in Carroll County near Ockley, flows westward along the northern edge of the community, and meets the Wabash River approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) to the west.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Buck Creek, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "USGS detail on Buck Creek - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Tippecanoe County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 25, 2016.