|Date of birth:||April 7, 1978|
|Place of birth:||Quincy, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||295 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Tallahassee (FL) Godby|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Sheddrick Tobias Gurley (born April 7, 1978), nicknamed Buck Gurley, is an American former college and professional football player who was a defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) for a single season in 2002. Gurley played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL.
Gurley was born in Quincy, Florida in 1978. He attended Amos P. Godby High School in Tallahassee, Florida, and he played high school football for the Godby Cougars. Gurley was considered one of the nation's top defensive line prospects, and was recognized as a consensus high school All-American, including first-team All-American honors from USA Today, in 1995.
Gurley accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1997 to 2000. As a redshirt senior in 2000, he was a member of the Gators' 2000 SEC Championship team. Gurley graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in health and human performance in 2001.
Life after the NFL
Gurley is currently the Assistant football coach for Colonial High School in Orlando, Florida.
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- History of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2000 Roster, Buck Gurley Archived September 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 85, 98, 181 (2011). Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Buck Gurley. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.