Buckhart Township, Christian County, Illinois
Location in Christian County
Christian County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1865|
|• Total||58.75 sq mi (152.2 km2)|
|• Land||58.72 sq mi (152.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.05%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||30.5/sq mi (11.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62513, 62531, 62567, 62568|
|GNIS feature ID||0428727|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 58.75 square miles (152.2 km2), of which 58.72 square miles (152.1 km2) (or 99.95%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.05%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Blueville at
- Sharpsburg at
- Campbellsburg at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bethel Baptist, Buckhart Dutch Reform, Edinburg and Goode.
- Edinburg Community Unit School District 4
- Taylorville Community Unit School District 3
- State House District 87
- State Senate District 44
- "Buckhart Township, Christian County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Cooper Township, Sangamon County||Mount Auburn Township||Mosquito Township|
|Cotton Hill Township, Sangamon County||Stonington Township|
|South Fork Township||Taylorville Township||May Township|