|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|MARTA rapid transit station|
One of The Buckhead Station's entrances as seen on State Route 141.
|Location||3360 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||June 8, 1996|
|Passengers (2013)||2,643 (avg. weekday) 7%|
Buckhead is a train station in Atlanta, Georgia, serving the Red Line of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail system. This station is the first station only served by the Red Line. It is located in the Buckhead neighborhood in the median of State Route 400, a limited access highway, at Peachtree Road/State Route 141. The station is in easy walking distance of many offices, hotels and shopping centers, including Lenox Square, although the Lenox MARTA station provides easier access to the mall. The buc, a zero-fare bus service, also provides transportation to the surrounding area. The Buckhead Station also features Zipcars.
|G||Street Level||Entrance/Exit, crossover to street|
|Southbound||← Red Line toward Airport (Lindbergh Center)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Red Line toward North Springs (Medical Center) →|
Buckhead was opened on June 8, 1996, the same day as Medical Center Station and Dunwoody Station. When State Route 400 was being constructed south of the perimeter in 1993, space was left that allowed track to be laid in the median from Buckhead all the way to Medical Center. In 2014, new pedestrian bridges were built across both sides of State Route 400, allowing better access to the Stratford on the east and Tower Place on the west.
Nearby landmarks and popular destinations
- Atlanta Financial Center
- Capital City Plaza
- Buckhead Business District
- Buckhead Station Shopping Center
- Phipps Plaza
- Lenox Square
The station is served by the following MARTA bus routes:
- Route 110 - Peachtree Street / "The Peach"
Connections to other transit systems
- Buc Shuttle - connects commuters to nearby housing, offices, and shops
- "2014 Transportation Fact Book" (PDF). Atlanta Regional Commission. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "Buckhead". itsmarta. Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- "Buckhead & Medical Center MARTA Stations". YouTube. Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- Station Overview, including video tour
- MARTA Guide
- Buckhead Information
- Peachtree Road/State Route 141 entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This Atlanta, Georgia–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|