Buckhorn Township, Brown County, Illinois
Location in Brown County
Brown County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 8, 1853|
|• Total||37.95 sq mi (98.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.86 sq mi (98.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.21%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||2.6/sq mi (1.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62314, 62353, 62375|
|GNIS feature ID||0428729|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.95 square miles (98.3 km2), of which 37.86 square miles (98.1 km2) (or 99.76%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.21%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Benville, Bixler, Bowman, Butler, DeHart, Dobey, Linn and Morrelville.
- Siloam Springs State Park
- Brown County Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Buckhorn Township, Brown County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Concord Township, Adams County||Lee Township||Mount Sterling Township|
|McKee Township, Adams County||Elkhorn Township|
|Beverly Township, Adams County||Fairmount Township, Pike County||Perry Township, Pike County|