Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
|Type of Trust|
|NHS hospital trust|
|Last annual budget||£329 million|
|Chief Executive||Anne Eden|
|Care Quality Commission reports||CQC|
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust runs Wycombe General Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Amersham Hospital, Buckingham Community Hospital and Thame Community Hospital, in Buckinghamshire, England.
There is a plan for reform of NHS services in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire which envisages some centralisation of services at Stoke Mandeville. The debate about future hospital provision in the area hinges on the future of neighbouring Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  which, it is proposed, is to be taken over by Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
In October 2013 as a result of the Keogh Review the Trust was put into the highest risk category by the Care Quality Commission. It was put into a buddying arrnagement with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.
In February 2014 the Trust announced it would invest £5 million to create 150 new nursing jobs to cut down on agency staff. “Before Christmas, we recruited 70 nurses and a further 97 nurses will be starting employment with the trust by April.” The trust spent £19.3 million on agency staff in 2014/5.
A Care Quality Commission inspection in March 2014 found the trust had made ‘significant progress’ with ‘real differences made in a relatively short time to improve quality and the patient experience’. Staff were said to be ‘caring and compassionate and treated patients with dignity and respect’. As a result the trust was taken out of special measures in June 2014.
In February 2016 it was expecting a deficit of £5.5 million for the year 2015/6.
- "Berkshire and Buckinghamshire reform". Health Service Journal. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Analysed: the viability of acute services in the Thames Valley area". Health Service Journal. 1 May 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Frimley Park aims to complete Heatherwood takeover by April". Health Service Journal. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "NHS Trusts put in risk categories - full list". Independent. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "‘Buddy’ trusts could double their money under bonus scheme". Health Service Journal. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "New nursing jobs thanks to £5million investment". Get Bucks. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Agency spending: the real picture". Health Service Journal. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Bucks hospital trust removed from special measures". Get Bucks. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- "One in four trusts plunge deeper into the red". Health Service Journal. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2016.