Buckle (clothing retailer)
|Traded as||NYSE: BKE|
|Headquarters||Kearney, Nebraska, U.S.|
Number of locations
President and CEO
|Products||Clothing, footwear, and accessories|
|Revenue||US$1.15 Billion (2014)|
|US$336 Million (2014)|
|US$163 Million (2014)|
|Total assets||US$543 Million (2014)|
|Total equity||US$355 Million (2014)|
Number of employees
The Buckle, Inc. is a fashion retailer and selling clothing, footwear, and accessories for young men and women. The company operates 463 stores in 44 US states, under the names Buckle and The Buckle. Buckle markets brand names and private label apparel, including denims, other casual bottoms, tops/shirts, activewear, outerwear, accessories and footwear.
Buckle began with a men's clothing store in 1948 in Kearney, Nebraska. The first store was founded by David Hirschfeld and operated under the name Mills Clothing. His son, Dan, took over the operations in 1965. In 1967, a second store was purchased and operated under the name Brass Buckle. At that point, the Company began selling more casual men's clothing and by the early 1970s Brass Buckle had developed into a denim-based store. In 1977, the Company introduced women's clothing.
In 1991, Brass Buckle changed its name to The Buckle, and in 1992 the Company went public on the NASDAQ where it was traded as BKLE. In 1997, The Buckle moved to the New York Stock Exchange where it now trades under the symbol, BKE.
- Dan Hirschfeld leads the Company as Chairman of the Board, he has been with the Company since 1965.
- Dennis Nelson, President and Chief Executive Officer, has been with the Company since 1970.
- Karen Rhoads, Senior Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, has been with the Company since 1987.
- Brett Milkie, Senior Vice President of Leasing, has been with the Company since 1992.
- Kari Smith, Executive Vice President of Stores, has been with the Company since 1978.
- Patricia (Pat) Whisler, Senior Vice President of Women's Merchandising, has been with the Company since 1976.
- Robert Carlberg, Senior Vice President of Men's Merchandising, has been with the Company since 1983.
- Kyle Hanson, Vice President Corporate Secretary and General Counsel, has been with the Company since 1998.
- Thomas Heacock, Vice President of Finance, Treasurer and Corporate Controller, has been with the Company since 2003.
- Michelle Hoffman, Vice President of Sales, has been with the Company since 1979.
- Kelli Molczyk, Vice President of Women's Merchandising, has been with the Company since 1999.
- Diane Applegate, Vice President of Supply Chain and Merchandising Operations, has been with the Company since 1983.
Buckle markets denims, casual bottoms, fashion tops, activewear, outerwear, accessories, and footwear. Partner brands include: Lucky Brand, Rock Revival, Miss Me, Big Star, American Fighter, Corral, Society, Hurley, Affliction, Billabong, Silver Jeans, Oakley, Fossil, and many more. Buckle's own private label brands that make up 35% of sales. These brands include: BKE, Buckle Black, Gimmicks, BKE Boutique, Daytrip, and Reclaim.
- "Income statements recent and historical for Buckle Inc (BKE)". Wikinvest. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- Staff, Hub (May 23, 2015). "Buckle Inc.". Kearney Hub. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "The Buckle Inc.". New York Times. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Our Story". Buckle Corporate. The Buckle Inc. Retrieved 29 April 2015.