Bud the Spud
|"Bud the Spud"|
|Single by Stompin' Tom Connors|
|from the album Bud The Spud and Other Favourites|
|Writer(s)||Stompin' Tom Connors|
|Stompin' Tom Connors singles chronology|
"Bud the Spud" is a song by Stompin' Tom Connors released in 1969 on the album Bud The Spud and Other Favourites. The song is an account of a trucker who hauls potatoes from Prince Edward Island. The song became known through word-of-mouth as well as through radio airplay on CBC Radio. The song was made available digitally for the first time on Canada Day in 2008.
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||26|
- Lumley, Elizabeth (2001). Canadian Who's Who. University of Toronto Press. p. 269. ISBN 978-0-8020-4958-2. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "Discography". stompintom.com. A-C-T Records Ltd. Archived from the original on 2009-01-13. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- Steenman-Marcusse, Conny (2002). The Rhetoric of Canadian Writing. Rodopi. pp. 278–279. ISBN 978-90-420-1290-5. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- Nicks, Joan; Jeanette Sloniowski, eds. (2002). Slippery Pastimes: Reading the Popular in Canadian Culture. Wilfrid Laurier Univ. Press. p. 247. ISBN 978-0-88920-388-4. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Stompin’ Tom’s ’Bud the Spud’ to be made available digitally on Canada Day". Edmonton Sun (Canoe Inc.). 2008-06-30. Archived from the original on 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- Green, Richard. "Connors, Stompin' Tom". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Historica-Dominion. Archived from the original on 2010-02-19. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Abel, Ann (2002). "Bud the Spud. (Picture Books).(Book Review)(Children's Review)(Brief Article)". Resource Links. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "RPM Country Singles for February 28, 1970". RPM. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
|This 1960s song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|