||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Buddy Schwimmer (born 1950) is a West Coast Swing dancer and choreographer.
On July 31, 2006, Schwimmer's "5-6-7-8 Dance Studio" suffered a major fire while Schwimmer was in Los Angeles watching his son, Benji, compete on the program "So You Think You Can Dance". The studio, which holds both private lessons and classes with from 5 to 25 students, resumed full operations in September 2006.
As of 2006, Schwimmer's son, Benji Schwimmer, who is sometimes called the "Prince of Swing" after his father, is the reigning United States Showcase Champion of West Coast Swing, and the winner on the 2006 televised competition So You Think You Can Dance.
Buddy also has a daughter, Lacey Schwimmer, who has won national dance championships and came in fourth in season three of So You Think You Can Dance. Lacey has danced for six seasons as one of the professionals on Dancing with the Stars. Buddy appeared in the 13th season to help Lacey's partner Chaz Bono. Buddy also taught Jared Murillo, who has won national titles with Lacey Schwimmer. Murillo trained in West Coast Swing directly with Buddy Schwimmer.
He is a Mormon and brought his children up in the faith.
- Garcia, Catherine (2006-09-07). 5-6-7-8 reopens, Benji considers offers. Redlands Daily Facts, September 7, 2006. Retrieved on 2009-09-29 from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-10976714.html.
- 2005 Showcase champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20141021225451/http://usopenswing.com/2005_division_winners.html
- 2008 Showcase champion: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:L_IsQ8ZCiUgJ:usopenswing.com/2008_division_winners.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
- 2009 Showcase champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20150407210329/http://usopenswing.com/2009_division_winners.html
- 2010 Showcase Champion: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PVYYA1lqL0wJ:usopenswing.com/2010_division_winners.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
- 2011 Showcase champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20141021225455/http://usopenswing.com/2011_division_winners.html
- 2012 Showcase Champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20141203073901/http://usopenswing.com/2012_division_winners.html
- 2013 Showcase Champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20141127192413/http://usopenswing.com/2013_division_winners.html
- 2014 Showcase Champion: https://web.archive.org/web/20141203073906/http://usopenswing.com/2014_division_winners.html
- "5-6-7-8 reopens, Benji considers offers", September 7, 2006, Redlandsdailyfacts.com
- San Bernardino Sun, September 15, 2006