||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Buddy Valastro Jr.|
Valastro at the 2013 Jersey City Mayoral Inauguration
|Born||Bartolo Valastro, Jr.
March 3, 1977
Hoboken, New Jersey
|Occupation||Owner of Carlo's Bakery, Buddy V's Events & Buddy V's Ristorante|
|Known for||Baker, cake Designer|
|Home town||Towaco, New Jersey|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Valastro (m. 2001)|
|Children||Sofia Valastro, Buddy Valastro III, Marco Valastro, Carlo Valastro|
Bartolo "Buddy" Valastro, Jr. (born March 3, 1977) is an Italian American celebrity chef, entrepreneur, and reality television personality. He is the owner of Carlo's Bakery, as well as the face of Buddy V's.
He is perhaps best known as the star of the reality television series Cake Boss, which premiered in April 2009 and has just started a new season in the month of September 2015. He also has starred Kitchen Boss (2011), The Next Great Baker (2010) and Buddy's Bakery Rescue (2013).
Valastro was born in Hoboken, New Jersey to Buddy Valastro, Sr., and Mary Pinto on March 3, 1977 and grew up in Hoboken and Little Ferry, New Jersey. Valastro began working at his family's business, Carlo's Bakery at age 11, alongside his father. Valastro's father died when he was 17 in 1994, and he succeeded him as the new "Cake Boss."
Buddy Valastro had resided in East Hanover Township, New Jersey, with his wife Lisa, and four children, Sofia Valastro, Bartolo "Buddy" Valastro III, Marco Valastro, and Carlo Valastro.  He also has four sisters and a stepfather, Sergio. As of 2014, he resided in Montville, New Jersey.
In January 2012, as a result of the attention that the shop and the TV series had brought to the city of Hoboken, the Hudson Reporter named Valastro as an honorable mention in its list of Hudson County's 50 most influential people.
Carlo's Bakery currently has 6 locations in New Jersey—Hoboken, Marlton, Morristown, Red Bank, Ridgewood, and Westfield. Outside of New Jersey, the bakery operates locations in Philadelphia, Las Vegas and New York The bakery also has locations on nine of the Norwegian Cruise Lines. The Lackawanna Factory in nearby Jersey City, serves as the corporate office for the business and is used as additional space to create wedding and specialty cakes, as well as bake their specialty baked goods for shipment across the country.
Valastro launched an Event Planning & Catering company, Buddy V's Events. The company was launched in June 2014, and specializes in catering everything from corporate events to family gathers, as well as planning one-of-a-kind events from weddings to galas.
TV Shows on TLC
- Cake Boss (2009–)
- Kitchen Boss (2011–2012)
- The Next Great Baker (2010–)
- Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss) (2013–)
- Batalha dos Confeiteiros (2015–)
- Buddy's Family Vacation (2016-)
In popular culture
- "Buddy Valastro". Hollywood Life. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Staff. "The Cake Boss returns to Little Ferry", Little Ferry Local, May 7, 2010. Accessed November 14, 2014. "Cake Boss Buddy Valastro returned to Little Ferry on April 27 to accept the 'keys to the city' during ceremonies at Borough Hall. Valastro, who grew up in town, is best known for his starring role on the TLC television program The Cake Boss.".
- "Buddy Valastro". TLC. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "'Cake Boss' Buddy Valastro adds a layer to TV/bakery empire with Times Square cafe". NY Daily News. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Carroll, Timothy J. "Buddy’s kind of town; 'Cake Boss’' calls out Ace of Cakes, talks season 2", Hudson Reporter, August 9, 2009. Accessed September 12, 2015. "He loves Hoboken – even though he lives in East Hanover – and is proud that his father was one of thousands of immigrants who settled here."
- Pellettieri, Cortney (July 4, 2011). "Man of the House: Buddy Valastro". Good Housekeeping. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Berk, Nancy (May 1, 2015). "Showbiz Analysis with Cake Boss Couple Buddy and Lisa Valastro". Parade. Athlon Publishing. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Heilpern, John (December 2013). "Out to Lunch with Buddy Valastro". Vanity Fair. Condé Nast. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Triggs, Charlotte (August 13, 2012). "Cake Boss Buddy Valastro: My Mom's Fight to Live". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Moore, Tina; Jacobs, Shayna; and Siemaszko, Corky. "'Cake Boss' star Buddy Valastro tried to charm NYPD out of drunk driving charge: prosecutors; The 37-year-old was pulled over by NYPD officers after he was seen driving erratically in Hell’s Kitchen early Thursday and failed a Breathalyzer test given soon after. He was charged with driving while intoxicated and driving while ability impaired, and declined in court to plead guilty.", Daily News (New York), November 13, 2014. Accessed November 17, 2015. "It wasn’t clear where Valastro, who is 37 and lives in Montville, N.J., was heading at 1 a.m. when the cops corralled him."
- Brittany Brussell. And Dallas,Texas, which opened in 2016"Carlo's Bakery Feels Like Something Special" Las Vegas Weekly, May 21, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2014.
- Gene Sloan. ."'Cake Boss' desserts heading to more cruise ships" USA Today, March 5, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buddy Valastro.|