||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
Valastro at the 2013 Jersey City Mayoral Inauguration
|Born||Bartolo Valastro, Jr.
March 3, 1977
Hoboken, New Jersey
|Occupation||Owner of Carlo's Bakery, Buddy V's Events & Buddy V's Ristorante|
|Known for||Baker, cake designee|
|Home town||Little Ferry, New Jersey|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Valastro (m. 2001)|
Bartolo "Buddy" Valastro, Jr. (born March 3, 1977) is an Italian-American celebrity chef, entrepreneur, and reality television personality. He is the owner of Carlo's Bakery, as well as the face of Buddy V's.
He is perhaps best known as the star of the reality television series Cake Boss, which premiered in April 2009. He also has starred Kitchen Boss (2011), The Next Great Baker (2010) and Buddy's Bakery Rescue (2013).
Valastro was born in Hoboken, New Jersey to Buddy Valastro, Sr., and Mary Valastro on March 3, 1977 and grew up in Little Ferry, New Jersey and Hoboken, New Jersey. Valastro began working at his family's business, Carlo's Bakery at age 11, alongside his father. Valastro's father died when he was 17 in 1994, and he succeeded him as the new "Cake Boss."
In January 2012, as a result of the attention that the shop and the TV series had brought to the city of Hoboken, the Hudson Reporter named Valastro as an honorable mention in its list of Hudson County, New Jersey Hudson County's 50 most influential people.
Carlo's Bakery currently has 6 locations in New Jersey - Hoboken, New Jersey; Marlton, New Jersey; Morristown, New Jersey; Red Bank, New Jersey; Ridgewood, New Jersey and Westfield, New Jersey. Las Vegas is also home to a Carlo's. The bakery also has locations on 9 of the Norwegian Cruise Lines. The Lackawanna Factory in nearby Jersey City, serves as the corporate office for the growing business and is used as additional space to create wedding & specialty cakes, as well as bake their specialty baked goods for shipment across the country.
Buddy launched an Event Planning & Catering company, Buddy V's Events. The company was launched in June 2014, and specializes in catering everything from corporate events to family gathers, as well as planning one-of-a-kind events from weddings to galas.
TV Shows on TLC
- Cake Boss (2009–)
- Kitchen Boss (2011–2012)
- The Next Great Baker (2010–)
- Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss) (2013–)
- "Buddy Valastro". Hollywood Life. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Staff. "The Cake Boss returns to Little Ferry", Little Ferry Local, May 7, 2010. Accessed November 14, 2014. "Cake Boss Buddy Valastro returned to Little Ferry on April 27 to accept the 'keys to the city' during ceremonies at Borough Hall. Valastro, who grew up in town, is best known for his starring role on the TLC television program The Cake Boss.".
- "Buddy Valastro". TLC. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "‘Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro adds a layer to TV/bakery empire with Times Square cafe". NY Daily News. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Pellettieri, Cortney (July 4, 2011). "Man of the House: Buddy Valastro". Good Housekeeping. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Berk, Nancy (May 1, 2015). "Showbiz Analysis with Cake Boss Couple Buddy and Lisa Valastro". Parade. Athlon Publishing. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Heilpern, John (December 2013). "Out to Lunch with Buddy Valastro". Vanity Fair. Condé Nast. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Triggs, Charlotte (August 13, 2012). "Cake Boss Buddy Valastro: My Mom's Fight to Live". People. Time Inc. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Brittany Brussell. "Carlo's Bakery Feels Like Something Special" Las Vegas Weekly, May 21, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2014.
- Gene Sloan. "'Cake Boss' desserts heading to more cruise ships" USA Today, March 5, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buddy Valastro.|