|Born||Budge Marjorie Archibald
2 May 1927
Halifax, Nova Scotia
|Alma mater||Dalhousie University|
|Notable works||Before Green Gables|
Born in Halifax and raised in Nova Scotia, she is the daughter of Maynard Brown Archibald and of Helen (Dustan) MacGregor Archibald, and sister of the late Joan Archibald Colborne. Budge graduated from Dalhousie University with a B.A. in Philosophy and Psychology.
She has written 33 books since her first work was published in 1984. Her most recent work is the prequel Before Green Gables, a celebratory centennial release to the Anne of Green Gables series.
Honours and awards
|Library resources about
|By Budge Wilson|
Budge Wilson has received numerous awards for her work that include: 23 Canadian Children's Book Centre "Our Choice" selections, First Prize in the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Literary Competition, a City of Dartmouth Book Award, a Canadian Library Association Young Adult Book Award, a Marianna Dempster Award, two Ann Connor Brimer Awards, a Canadian Authors Association Lilla Stirling Award, a National IODE (Imperial Order of the Daughters of the Empire) Violet Downey Award, an Atlantic Independent Booksellers Award, and an IBBY (International Board on Books for Young People) Honour Award. In 2004 she was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada and in 2011 she received the Order of Nova Scotia. Ms. Wilson received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in June, 2012.
- "Budge Wilson". Writers.ns.ca. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Penguin Books, Press Release: December 14, 2007,
- "Budge Wilson | Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia". Writers.ns.ca. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "- novascotia.ca". Novasscotia.ca. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Diamond Jubilee Medal Investiture - Order of Canada". Flickr. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
-  Archived May 15, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "MSVU - Mount Convocation celebrates students, faculty, honorary degree recipients". Msvu.ca. Retrieved 4 August 2015.