September 12, 1972 |
Payakumbuh, West Sumatra, Indonesia
Budi Putra (born September 12, 1972 ) is a technology journalist based in Jakarta, Indonesia. He is currently working as Head of Digital for RGE Indonesia. His previous positions are Chief Executive Officer at The Jakarta Post Digital and as advisor at Singapore-based video streaming company Viki., and Country Editor at Yahoo! Indonesia.
Prior to joining Yahoo! as Country Editor for Indonesia in October 2009, he was working as editor for Koran Tempo Daily and Tempo Interactive. After resigned from Tempo on March 2007, Budi writes tech posts for SlashPhone and runs a Jakarta-based Asia Blogging Network.
Born in Payakumbuh, West Sumatra of the Minangkabau land, Budi graduated with a BA in History from Andalas University in Padang, West Sumatra and earned a master's degree in the Communications Management at the University of Indonesia in Jakarta.
(all in Indonesian):
- Sejarah Masa Depan [The Future History] (Pustaka MM, 2000).
- Imperium Digital: Pusaran Budaya Abad 21 [The Digital Empire: A Turning Point of the 21st Century] (Pustaka MM-Cisco Systems, 2001).
- Planet Seluler: Ketika Teknologi Bergerak Mengubah Hidup Kita [The Planet of Cellular: How the Mobile Technology Changed Our Life] (Jakarta: Logicom Publications, June 2004).
- Planet Internet: Jaringan Pintar yang Mengubah Dunia [The Internet Planet: Smart Network that Changed the World] (Jakarta: Logicom Publications, December 2005).
- Planet Digital: Maneuver CDMA di Indonesia [The Planet of Digital: CDMA Maneuver in Indonesia] (Jakarta: Logicom Publications, Agustus 2006).
- "About: Budi Putra". Archived from the original on 2015-07-30.
- "Budi Putra joins the Jakarta Post as CEO of Digital". Dailysocial.net. Archived from the original on 28 August 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "My New role at Viki: Advisor". Budiputra.com. Archived from the original on 10 February 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2013.