|Created by||RJ Nuevas|
|Directed by||Gil C. Tejada Jr.|
|Creative director(s)||Roy Iglesias|
|Opening theme||"Nasaan ang Dating Tayo" by Julie Anne San Jose|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||159|
|Executive producer(s)||Arlene D. Pilapil|
|Producer(s)||Ali Marie Nokom-Dedicatoria|
|Cinematography||Lito ″Itok″ Mempin|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 28, 2015– March 4, 2016|
Buena Familia (lit. Buena Family) is a 2015 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Gil C. Tejada Jr., it stars Kylie Padilla and Julie Anne San Jose. It premiered on July 28, 2015 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Yagit and worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on March 4, 2016 with a total of 159 episodes. It was replaced by Hanggang Makita Kang Muli in its timeslot.
The story is about a wealthy family which is divided by war, repression, persecution and triggered crisis which were caused by Arthur's mistress Josephine and ultimately the great controversy between Celine's two opposing mothers.
The Buenas are the epitome of an ideal household; prominent, educated, and very wealthy. Arthur, the father, is a successful investment tycoon and his wife, Bettina, engages in all the big social events. Their beautiful children Celine, Darling, Edwin, and Faye, all study in exclusive schools. Everything seemed perfect with the Buenas until Josephine Carter enters the picture.
Josephine poses as a new investor who later claims she was ruthlessly scammed by Arthur. It turns out that not only was she Arthur's former assistant, she was his disgruntled mistress as well. Now she plans to exact revenge on Arthur and ruin the Buena family in the process. Arthur is sentenced to jail because of a shocking scam and the family eventually lose all their wealth and holdings. Later, Bettina suffers a nervous breakdown and is institutionalized.
Without guardians, the four Buena children experience bullying, financial hardship, and the cruel realities of life as well as waves of opposition, repression, and persecution. But the cause of all these evils is Josephine. As the eldest, Celine is obliged to work to feed her siblings. She finds a job under Harry, a good-hearted businessman who admires Celine's determination. But their friendship is thwarted by his wily domineering mother Sandra and his awfully-scheming mistress Iris. He helps her bring the Buena family back on track. However, as her life was just starting to get better, Celine discovers that she is actually adopted and that her real mother is Josephine, the same woman who ruined and devastate her perfect life also the cause behind all the troubles and evils and the conflicting events triggered which she has caused against the Buenas.
Josephine manages to abduct and kill Celine as a means of getting her brutal wrath intensified against her rival Bettina, but when Arthur manages to stop her, he then later reveals that Celine is her long-lost child, this made Josephine blinded by unbelief and doubt. Tensions start to trigger between Bettina and Josephine.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Supporting cast
- Julian Trono as Edwin Buena
- Mona Louise Rey as Faye Buena
- Bobby Andrews as Arthur Buena
- Angelu de Leon as Bettina Agravante-Buena / Sally Luzanes
- Sheryl Cruz as Josephine Carter
- Jake Vargas as Kevin Acosta
- Martin del Rosario as Harry Atendido
- Jackie Rice as Iris Florencio
- Kenneth Medrano as Pacoy Alvero
- Ryza Cenon as Vaness Castro
- Aicelle Santos as Olga Vergara
- Mayton Eugenio as Lauren Villacor
- Mel Kimura as Gloria Racaza
- Lou Sison as Alexis Manuel
- Pinky Amador as Sandra Atendido
- Tessie Tomas as Marissa Agravante
- Guest cast
- Lovely Abella as Bettina's Assistant
- Diego Llorico as Enrico Perez / Birty
- Gerald Madrid as Marlon Abad
- Arianne Bautista as Pamela
- Tess Bomb as Norma Sebastian
- Via Antonio as Marga Varga
- Vince Velasco as Tony Lopez
- Dan Alvaro as Kenneth Vasquez
- Marky Lopez as Utoy Velasco
- Michael Flores as Ramon
- Angeli Bayani as Luz
- Tina Paner as Julia
- Kristofer Martin as Zach Michaels
- Kim Rodriguez as Misha
- Sheila Marie Rodriguez as Tootsie
- Cogie Domingo as Kardo
- Jay Arcilla as Marco
- Dino Guevarra as Quentin Monsanto
- Krystal Reyes as Sofia Buena
- Christian Ramirez as Joem
- Luane Dy as Host
- "'Julie on 24 Oras' trends worldwide after Julie Anne San Jose's first news anchor stint".
- "Buena Familia - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (August 5, 2015). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Ratings (July 28-August 2, 2015): Eat Bulaga gets highest rating for 2015 with AlDub fever; Buena Familia beats Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (January 1, 2017). "AGB: 10 Top-rating Pilot and Finale Daytime episodes in 2016". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|