Buena Vista High School (Buena Vista, Colorado)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Buena Vista High School|
|Railroad & Marquette
Buena Vista, Colorado 81211
|School district||Buena Vista School District R-31|
|Principal||Brian D. Yates|
|Staff||17 (as of 2007–08)|
|Teaching staff||23.9 (FTE) (as of 2006–07)|
|Enrollment||348 (as of 2007–08)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.7 (as of 2006–07)|
|Color(s)||Red and white|
|Athletics conference||Tri-Peaks League|
Buena Vista High School is a public secondary school in Buena Vista, Colorado, United States. It is one of two high schools in the Buena Vista School District; the other is Chaffee County High School.
- Mason Finley, current holder of the national high school discus record
- Matt Hemingway, 2004 Olympic medalist
- Nate Solder, football player; 2011 first round pick, New England Patriots
- Williamson, Theresa (2008-08-27). "Brian Yates resumes education career as new BVHS principal". Chaffee County Times.
- "Buena Vista High School School Accountability Report 2007-2008 School Year" (PDF). Colorado Department of Education. 2008-10-20.
- "School Detail for Buena Vista High School". National Center for Education Statistics.
- "Member Directory: Buena Vista High School". Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Hoffman, Kevin (2009-04-27). "Mason throws record". The Mountain Mail. Salida, CO.
- Paige, Woody (2004-08-23). "The old man and the silver". Denver Post. p. 1A.
Mile High jumper Matt Hemingway finished as the surprised and surprising runner-up in the high jump at the Olympics on Sunday evening.
- "Nate Solder profile". NFL.com. NFL Enterprises. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
|This Colorado school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|