Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians of California
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States ( California)|
|English, historically Northern Sierra Miwok language, Central Sierra Miwok language, and Southern Sierra Miwok language|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Miwok tribes|
The Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians of California is a federally recognized tribe of Miwok in Amador County, California. The Buena Vista Miwok are Sierra Miwok, an indigenous people of California.
Tribal staff includes Dr. Roselynn Lwenya, the environmental resources director, and Arnold Samuel, the General Counsel. Tribal enrollment is based in lineal descent from original tribal members; that is, the tribe has no minimum blood quantum requirements.
The federal acknowledgement of "Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians," is being challenged by a lawsuit that is currently awaiting scheduling in the Ninth Circuit Court of appeals in San Francisco in "Friends of Amador County, et al. versus Ken Salazar, et al." 
The Buena Vista Rancheria is 67 acres (0.27 km2) parcel of land, located just outside the census-designated place of Buena Vista. The land once belonged to the Oliver family and was purchased by the federal government to establish an Indian rancheria in 1927.
The rancheria was unilaterally terminated by Congress, along with 42 other rancherias, under the California Rancheria Act of 1958. The tribe has been federally recognized since 1985. In 1970, President Richard Nixon declared the Rancheria Act a failure. The Buena Vista Rancheria tribe joined 16 other native California tribes in a class action lawsuit, Hardwick v. United States to restore their sovereignty, and in 1987, the tribes won their lawsuit. On 22 December 1983 the Buena Vista Rancheria tribe ratified its constitution.
- Pritzker 135–6
- "Tribal Office Locations." California Department of Transportation: District 10. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "California Indians and Their Reservations: Miwok." San Diego State University Library and Information Access. 2011 . Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Tribal Government." Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Sacramentopress.com: "Protest_of_Casino_Development_at_Buena_Vista_Rancheria" Archived 22 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "History." Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1