Buena Vista Social Club: Adios
|Buena Vista Social Club: Adios|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Lucy Walker|
|Edited by||Tyler Temple Higgins|
|Distributed by||Broad Green Pictures|
Buena Vista Social Club: Adios is a 2017 documentary film directed by Lucy Walker. It is a follow up to the 1999 documentary Buena Vista Social Club about Cuban music. The film was released in theaters on May 26, 2017.
Buena Vista Social Club: Adios takes place sixteen years after the 1999 documentary, Buena Vista Social Club. It follows the five original band members from the first film, as they go on one final tour that ends in their hometown of Havana, Cuba. The musicians recall their ups and downs over the years, including award-winning performances and losing many of their fellow band members.
- "Untitled Lucy Walker Buena Vista Social Club Documentary (aka Buena Vista Social Club: Adiós)". British Council. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Buena Vista Social Club: Adios (2017) - Box Office Mojo". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- Ford, Rebecca. "Wim Wenders to Executive Produce Doc 'Buena Vista Social Club: Adios'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Child, Ben. "Buena Vista Social Club to get sequel". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Dornbush, Jonathon. "Buena Vista Social Club sequel documentary announced". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|