Buenos Aires bid for the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics
|XXIII Olympic Winter Games|
|City||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|NOC||Argentine Olympic Committee|
|Previous Games hosted|
Applicant City phase
It was announced on August 30, 2011, that Buenos Aires would bid for the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
Buenos Aires 2018 announced in January 2012 that they had appointed Vero Communications to promote the bid. Argentine IOC Member and Argentine Olympic Committee head Gerardo Werthein as well as Buenos Aires Mayor Mauricio Macri wrote letters to IOC President Jacques Rogge in support of the bid.
Buenos Aires signed the Youth Olympic Games Candidature Procedure on March 15, 2012.
Candidate City phase
On February 13, 2013, the IOC selected Buenos Aires as one of the three Candidate Cities for the 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games. 
In June 2013, the IOC Evaluation Commission released their report of the candidate cities and found that Buenos Aires' bid carried minimal risk. The report did however express concerns over issues related to the dates of the proposed games as well as financial guarantees.  Buenos Aires 2018 later addressed these issues in response to the report. 
On July 4, 2013 Buenos Aires was elected as the host city of the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
The Buenos Aires bid for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games is the city's first bid for the Summer Youth Olympics. Buenos Aires has made several Summer Olympic bids in the past.
Buenos Aires previously bid to host the 2004 Summer Olympics but lost to Athens in the first round of voting. The city was tied with Cape Town in the first round. The IOC members voted to keep Cape Town in the election as the IOC went to the next round of voting. Buenos Aires bid for the 1968 Summer Olympics but lost to Mexico City. Buenos Aires bid to host the 1956 Summer Olympics but lost to Melbourne by only one vote. The city's first bid was for the 1936 Summer Olympics which it lost to Berlin.
- "Buenos Aires, Argentina to bid for 2018 Youth Olympic Games". GamesBids.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Buenos Aires appoint Vero Communications for 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games bid
- Buenos Aires Launches Bid For 2018 Youth Games Archived June 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Argentine Olympic Committee President hints at 2028 Summer Olympic bid
- La Punta for Pan Ams Bid; Russian FA Appeals UEFA Punishment
- IOC shortlists three Candidate Cities for 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games
- Glasgow and Medellín pull ahead of Buenos Aires in race for 2018 Youth Olympics as IOC Evaluation Commission report published
- Buenos Aires reaffirms commitment to funding 2018 Youth Olympics following IOC Evaluation report
- Buenos Aires elected as Host City for 2018 Youth Olympic Games