- For the E. E. Cummings poem, see Buffalo Bill's / defunct
|Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino|
|Address||31700 Las Vegas Boulevard
Primm, Nevada, U.S. 89019
|Opening date||May 14, 1994|
|Number of rooms||1,242|
|Total gaming space||46,000 sq ft (4,300 m2)|
|Renovated in||1995, 2004, 2010|
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino is a hotel and casino located in Primm, Nevada, United States, at the California stateline. It has 1,242 guest rooms and suites. The hotel is home to the Desperado roller coaster, one of the tallest (225 foot drop) and fastest (80 mph) roller coasters in the world, as well as a pool in the shape of a buffalo. The hotel-casino has two hotel room towers: the Annie Oakley Tower (the A Tower) and the Buffalo Bill Tower (B Tower).
The 46,000-square-foot (4,300 m2) casino has over 1,700 slot machines, as well as table games, poker, and a race and sports book. Buffalo Bill's Resort and Casino is owned by Primm Valley Resorts.
Buffalo Bill's is also home of the Star of the Desert Arena, a 6500-seat arena designed for concerts.
Herbst undertook a marketing strategy of appealing especially to California Latinos, including the addition of Spanish-speaking dealers, charter bus trips from the Inland Empire, concerts by norteño musician Ramón Ayala, and a Mexican restaurant branded with Ayala's name.
Tram to Primm Valley
A tram links Buffalo Bill's to nearby Terrible's Primm Valley Resort and Casino. The multi-car tram was designed by Schwager-Davis to their UniTrak standard. Despite its name, the tram actually runs on two guideways. Each car accommodates 24 people; the four-car trains can seat 96 people with no standees. The system can transport 2,200 people, per hour, per direction (pphpd). An attendant supervises each tram, although the tram is controlled by a computer.
After disembarking at the Primm Valley Resort station, passengers can connect to a free single-car tram across the I-15 to Whiskey Pete's, although the connection takes a walk across the entire hotel.
- Bison Steve Hotel Fallout Wiki (www.falloutwiki.com). Retrieved on 2013-07-27.
- Benston, Liz (2009-07-02). "Primm’s lure: Freebies". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino Fact Sheet". Primm Valley Resorts. 2002. Archived from the original on 2003-12-03. Retrieved 2004-01-16.
- "Herbst Gaming". Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. D1.
- Lapan, Tovin (18 February 2012). "New restaurant in Primm pays homage to ‘King of the Accordion’". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Primadonna-Buffalo Bill's UniTrak People Mover" (PDF). Schwager-Davis. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- "Primadonna Shuttle System Retrofit" (PDF). Schwager-Davis. Retrieved September 8, 2011.