|Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino|
|Location||Primm, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||31700 Las Vegas Boulevard|
|Opening date||May 14, 1994|
|No. of rooms||1,242|
|Total gaming space||61,372 sq ft (5,701.6 m2)|
|Permanent shows||Star of the Desert Arena|
|Signature attractions||Amusement Park|
|Notable restaurants||Denny's (formerly Tony Roma's)|
|Renovated in||1995, 2004, 2010, 2015|
Buffalo Bill's is a hotel and casino in Primm, Nevada, United States, at the California state line. It is one of the Primm Valley Resorts, owned and operated by Affinity Gaming. It has 1,242 guest rooms and suites. The hotel is home to the Desperado roller coaster, one of the tallest (225 foot drop) and fastest (80 mph) roller coasters in the world, as well as a pool in the shape of a buffalo. The hotel-casino has two hotel room towers: the Annie Oakley Tower (the A Tower) and the Buffalo Bill Tower (B Tower).
The 61,372 sq ft (5,701.6 m2) casino has over 1,700 slot machines, as well as table games, and a race and sports book.
Buffalo Bill's is also home of the Star of the Desert Arena, a 6,500-seat arena designed for concerts.
Herbst undertook a marketing strategy of appealing especially to California Latinos, including the addition of Spanish-speaking dealers, charter bus trips from the Inland Empire, concerts by norteño musician Ramón Ayala, and a Mexican restaurant branded with Ayala's name.
Tram to Primm Valley
A tram links Buffalo Bill's to nearby Primm Valley Resort. The multi-car tram was designed by Schwager-Davis to their UniTrak standard. Despite its name, the tram actually runs on two guideways. Each car accommodates 24 people; the four-car trains can seat 96 people with no standees. The system can transport 2,200 people, per hour, per direction (pphpd). An attendant supervises each tram, although the tram is controlled by a computer.
After disembarking at the Primm Valley Resort station, passengers can connect to a free single-car tram across the I-15 to Whiskey Pete's, although the connection takes a walk across the entire hotel.
- "Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage". Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- Benston, Liz (July 2, 2009). "Primm's lure: Freebies". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino Fact Sheet". Primm Valley Casino Resorts. 2002. Archived from the original on December 3, 2003. Retrieved January 16, 2004.
- "Herbst Gaming". Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. D1.
- Lapan, Tovin (February 18, 2012). "New restaurant in Primm pays homage to 'King of the Accordion'". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Primadonna-Buffalo Bill's UniTrak People Mover" (PDF). Schwager-Davis. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- "Primadonna Shuttle System Retrofit" (PDF). Schwager-Davis. Retrieved September 8, 2011.