Buffalo Creek, Colorado
|Buffalo Creek, Colorado|
Entering Buffalo Creek from the north.
|State||State of Colorado|
|Elevation||6,762 ft (2,061 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
The town of Buffalo Creek was established about 1877 along the stream of the same name. The Buffalo Creek Post Office opened on August 16, 1878.  The town has been destroyed by fire several times. The Colorado Trail is approximately 5 miles from Buffalo Creek. It is open for hiking, biking and camping. The Pike National Forest runs through Buffalo Creek where the elevation is 6500 to 6700 ft.
Buffalo Creek is located at(39.386458,-105.269966). Only parts of the pine forest in and nearby have been caught ablaze, not the entire area.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- Eichler, Geo. R. (1977). Colorado Place Names. 77-089726: Johnson Publishing Company.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Bauer, William H.; James L. Ozment; John H. Willard (1990). Colorado Post Offices 1859-1989. 90-34759: The Colorado Railroad Museum. ISBN 0-918654-42-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Buffalo Creek, Colorado.|