Buffalo Wild Wings
|Traded as||NASDAQ: BWLD|
Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
Number of locations
|1,175 (as of February 2016)|
|United States, Canada, Mexico, The Philippines, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Panama.|
|Sally Smith (CEO)|
|Products||Chicken Wings, Shareables, Sandwiches and Burgers|
|Revenue||US$1.81 billion (FY 2015)|
|US$138.5 million (FY 2015)|
|US$95.1 million (FY 2015)|
Buffalo Wild Wings is an American casual dining restaurant and sports bar franchise in the United States, Canada, Mexico, The Philippines, Dubai, and United Arab Emirates which specializes in chicken wings and sauces.
As of February 2015, it had 1,070 locations (485 directly owned by the company, and 585 franchised locations) across all 50 U.S. states and DC. An alternate nickname in recent usage by the company is B-Dubs.
Buffalo Wild Wings was co-founded in 1982 by Jim Disbrow, Scott Lowery and Bernard Spencer. Disbrow, Lowery and Spencer came up with the idea one weekend when they got together in Kent, Ohio, for Disbrow to judge an amateur figure skating competition at Kent State University in 1980. They decided to open up their own restaurant, first in Columbus, Ohio, and then in Westerville, Ohio one year later.
Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation bw-3 was created (the third W was for the beef on weck sandwich, a staple of the Buffalo region), in 1990 Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck began to franchise. In 1998 the name was changed to Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar.
In 2010, the company announced an expansion into Canada. In February 2012, Buffalo Wild Wings reported $495 million in total assets. In 2015, Buffalo Wild Wings expanded in the United Arab Emirates when it opened a restaurant in Dubai.
The chain is best known for Buffalo, New York-style chicken wings along with over a dozen dipping sauces, as well as a complement of other items such as chicken tenders and legs. The chain's menu also features appetizers, burgers, tacos, salads, and desserts, along with beer, wine, and other beverages. The restaurants feature an open layout with a bar area and patio seating flanked by over 50 televisions and media screens. Starting in 2016 the new restaurants being built follow a new type of layout that give the guests the feeling as if they were actually in a sports stadium. Server uniforms consist of gray shorts and Jerseys with the number 82, signifying the year that the chain was established in 1982. Not only is the chain attributable to its famous wings, beer, and sports, but it is also recognized as a big partner with the organization The Boys and Girls Club of America. Multiple times a year the company does fundraisers and accepts monetary donations that are later given to the Boys and Girls Club that allows them to participate in extracurricular and sporting events.
Buffalo Wild Wings Location in Athens, Ohio
The exterior of a Buffalo Wild Wings location in Carolina Forest, South Carolina
- Southward, Brandon (July 22, 2013). "The Crowd Goes Wild". Fortune. 168 (2): 18.
- "Form 10-K - Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. - BWLD". February 6, 2010. Retrieved May 19, 2010.[dead link]
- "B-Dubs Buffalo Wild Wings app".
- "B-Dubs iPhone App".
- The original location itself closed on November 19, 2006. In late June 2007, the new Buffalo Wild Wings opened at Ohio State University in Columbus. This massive store has over 75 televisions and spans over 8,000 square feet. The location is two blocks north of the original. It would have opened when the old one closed but construction took a little longer than planned. It also got its name from people getting things in 3 like 3 buffalo wings. 
- "Buffalo Wild Wings Company History" (PDF). Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Singleton, Sharon (August 18, 2010). "Buffalo Wild Wings coming to Canada". Toronto Sun. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "Buffalo Wild Wings 2011 Sales Figures Will Likely Push Total Assets Above $400 Million – Profits Continue to Beat Expectations". Quarterly Retail Review. March 22, 2011. Archived from the original on April 14, 2011.
- Overton Johnson, Stacie (September 6, 2015). "Dubai Foodie News: Buffalo Wild Wings opens on Jumeirah Road, new brunches and more". The National. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Profile:Buffalo Wild Wings Inc (BWLD.O)". Reuters. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Hagerty, Marilyn (September 6, 2016). "Buffalo Wild Wings a hot spot for students, sports fans". Grand Forks Herald. Retrieved November 1, 2016.