Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up buffer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Buffer may refer to:
- Buffer gas, an inert or nonflammable gas
- Buffer solution, a solution used to prevent changes in pH
- Buffering agent, the weak acid or base in a buffer solution
- Lysis buffer, in cell biology
- Metal ion buffer
- Mineral redox buffer, in geology
Technology and engineering
- Buffer (GIS), a HASS[definition needed] zone around a map feature
- Buffer (optical fiber), a GG component of a fiber optic cable
- Buffer amplifier, an isolating circuit used in electronics or telecommunications
- Digital buffer, an electronic circuit used to isolate the input from the output
- Optical buffer, a device that stores optically transmitted data
- Buffer (rail transport), a device that cushions impacts between vehicles
- Buffer stop, a device that keeps rail vehicles on tracks
- Recoil buffer, a firearm component
- Buffer wheel, a device used to smooth a workpiece's surface
- Floor buffer, an appliance used to polish hard floors
- Buffer (application), a software application for managing social network accounts
- Data buffer, memory used temporarily to store output or input data while it is transferred.
- Framebuffer, a type of data buffer for use in graphical display
- Memory buffer register, the connection between processor and memory
- Bruce Buffer (born 1957), American sports announcer for UFC events
- Michael Buffer (born 1944), American ring announcer for boxing and wrestling events
- Buffer state, a country separating two rival or hostile powers, thought to prevent conflict between them
- Buffer zone, a region separating two areas, possibly to segregate or conjoin them
- Buffer (navy), a colloquial title
- Buffer, an object that is used to polish and make shiny by rubbing.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Buffer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.