Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up buffer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Buffer may refer to:
- Buffer gas, an inert or nonflammable gas
- Buffer solution, a solution used to prevent changes in pH
- Buffering agent, the weak acid or base in a buffer solution
- Lysis buffer, in cell biology
- Metal ion buffer
- Mineral redox buffer, in geology
Technology and engineering
- Buffer (GIS), a HASS zone around a map feature
- Buffer (optical fiber), a GG component of a fiber optic cable
- Buffer amplifier, an isolating circuit used in electronics or telecommunications
- Digital buffer, an electronic circuit used to isolate the input from the output
- Optical buffer, a device that stores optically transmitted data
- Buffer (rail transport), a device that cushions impacts between vehicles
- Buffer stop, a device that keeps rail vehicles on tracks
- Recoil buffer, a firearm component
- Buffer wheel, a device used to smooth a workpiece's surface
- Floor buffer, an appliance used to polish hard floors
- Seismic buffers, protect structures against the effects of earthquakes
- Buffer (application), a software application for managing social network accounts
- Data buffer, memory used temporarily to store output or input data while it is transferred.
- Framebuffer, a type of data buffer for use in graphical display
- Memory buffer register, the connection between processor and memory
- Bruce Buffer (born 1957), American sports announcer for UFC events
- Michael Buffer (born 1944), American ring announcer for boxing and wrestling events
- Buffer state, a country separating two rival or hostile powers, thought to prevent conflict between them
- Buffer zone, a region separating two areas, possibly to segregate or conjoin them
- Buffer (navy), a colloquial title
- Buffer, an object that is used to polish and make shiny by rubbing.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Buffer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.