Buffett Live: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
|Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays|
|Live album by|
|Released||November 9, 1999|
|Genre||Rock/country/gulf and western|
Buffett Live - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays is a live album by American popular music singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. It was released on November 9, 1999. The album's material was culled from several concerts during the Don't Stop That Carnival Tour (1998) and Beach House on the Moon Tour (1999). It was the first live album by Buffett since Feeding Frenzy was released in October 1990 and Mailboat Records' debut release.
The album reached #37 on the Billboard 200 album chart, #33 on the Independent Chart, and #8 on the Internet Chart. It was certified gold in October 2000.
The album features fan-favorites as well as new or obscure songs that never made it on a previous live release, such as "Fruitcakes", "Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season", "Brown Eyed Girl", "Tin Cup Chalice" and "Love and Luck".
While it is not part of the SYKBH and there has never been a studio release, "Southern Cross" makes its first official release. It was well received when Buffett starting performing it during the Banana Wind Tour (1996) and became a concert staple from 1998 ever since. The song continues to be played at nearly every show and remains a concert favorite, despite never having been recorded in the studio.
The remainder of the album features concert standards. Although played at every show, three of the SYKBH failed to make the cut: "A Pirate Looks at Forty", "Why Don't We Get Drunk", and "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" (the latter also left off of Buffett's previous live release, Feeding Frenzy).
The track listings show that "Margaritaville" includes the infamous "lost verse". During an East Hampton benefit concert, Buffett forgot that he had included the lost verse on his first live album You Had to Be There and apologized for making it appear that it was the lost verse's debut on this album.
The studio version of "Love and Luck" is available on Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads.
- "Fruitcakes" (Jimmy Buffett, Amy Lee) – 6:56
- "Southern Cross" (Stephen Stills, Richard Curtis, & Michael Curtis) – 5:07
- "Pencil Thin Mustache" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:15
- "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season" (Jimmy Buffett) – 4:52
- "Coconut Telegraph" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:12
- "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:06
- "Come Monday" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:43
- "Son of a Son of a Sailor" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:25
- "Volcano" (Jimmy Buffett, Keith Sykes, Harry Dailey) – 3:36
- "Brown Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison) – 5:40
- "Tin Cup Chalice" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3:24
- "Fins" (Jimmy Buffett, Barry Chance, Tom Corcoran, Deborah McColl) – 5:07
- "One Particular Harbour" (Jimmy Buffett, Bobby Holcomb) – 6:10
- "Margaritaville (Lost Verse Included)" (Jimmy Buffett) – 5:35
- "Love and Luck" (Jocelyne Beroard, Jimmy Buffett, Jean-Claude Naimro) – 7:34
The album is approximately 68 minutes long.
The Coral Reefer Band:
- Jimmy Buffett – guitar, vocals
- Michael Utley – keyboards
- Greg "Fingers" Taylor – harmonica
- Mac McAnally – guitars, vocals
- Robert Greenidge – steel drums, percussion
- Ralph MacDonald – percussion
- Peter Mayer – guitar, vocals
- Jim Mayer – bass, vocals
- Roger Guth – drums
- Amy Lee – saxophone
- John Lovell – trumpet
- T.C. Mitchell – saxophone
- Tina Gullickson – vocals
- Nadirah Shakoor – vocals
- David Hewitt, Ryan Hewitt – recording engineers
Where each song was recorded live
BuffettWorld.com compiled a list of which songs were played at which show:
- Fruitcakes – Tuesday 12/8/1998 in Orlando, FL
- Southern Cross – Thursday 9/2/1999 in Mansfield, MA
- Pencil Thin Mustache – Tuesday 12/8/1998 in Orlando, FL
- Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season – Friday 12/4/1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
- Coconut Telegraph – Thursday 8/19/1999 in Cincinnati, OH
- Cheeseburger in Paradise – Tuesday 8/31/1999 in Hartford, CT
- Come Monday – Thursday 3/4/1999 in Orlando, FL
- Son of a Son of a Sailor – Saturday 6/12/1999 in Bristow, VA
- Volcano – Thursday 8/19/1999 in Cincinnati, OH
- Brown Eyed Girl – Thursday 7/15/1999 in Noblesville, IN
- Tin Cup Chalice – Friday 12/4/1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
- Fins – Thursday 9/2/1999 in Mansfield, MA
- One Particular Harbour – Friday 12/4/1998 in West Palm Beach, FL
- Margaritaville (Lost Verse Included) – Thursday 9/2/1999 in Mansfield, MA
- Love and Luck – Saturday 7/10/1999 in Atlanta, GA
- Complete album art and liner notes at BuffettWorld.com